Gen V GTS Pace Car for the NARRA event at Road Atlanta this weekend!!!!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got word that the pace car this weekend will be a new GTS. I'm pumped since I haven't seen one in person yet.
Anybody who was thinking about coming to just watch and hang-out, maybe this will bring you around. :)
I can't name my source (but he is the official pace car driver for NARRA events).

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard different, but I like your version better and hope its true! Take pix!!!!

ViperAtl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IT IS CONFIRMED. The pace car is a blue 2013 GTS with white stripes prvided by Mike Robbins of Ringgold Chrysler. I was at Road Atlanta today and the Viper is parked in the Tech Shed and is ready to go tomorrow.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Here are a couple. The uploading on this site is bad. Will put some on photobucket after the weekend.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue,

Where are you pitted and what does your car look like? I'd like to meet some more people that I haven't put a face with a name yet.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am pitted right in front of the MTI Racing Trailer. White QX56, silver Porsche.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to meet you and BS a bit. NICE driving by the way. 1:26.5 is freaking gettin it!

Last edited:

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
31c15a36dcc4a5fb27bea533a0992acb.jpeg

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the above post..I was trying to put a picture there but couldn't get it to quite work! My bad!
Seeing the LE as a Pace Car takes me back to 1996 when it paced the Indianapolis...And.if memory serves I think back in 1991 the Dodge STEALTH was supposed to be the Pace Car but was disqualified because of its pedigree...and the Viper handily pinch hitted for it.
BTW....while on the subject....the STEALTH (and it's Mitsubishi twin the 3000GT) was an amazing before its time car!! THAT would be an amazing car to reintroduce!! (IMHO)

Last edited:

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They would probably give the name to a minivan. The Dart name is dead forever. The had it right with the Challenger and the Charger to some degree, but if you are going to bring back an old name, put it on something deserving.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to me you and BS a bit. NICE driving by the way. 1:26.5 is freaking gettin it!

Likewise! Will probably see you are more events in the near future. The Roadster should be a lot of fun!!

26's are great, but alas I am disappointed I didn't get a second session on the slicks. Would have picked up some time. Left a ton of time on the table.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure you can get it down more, with that being the first time on those tires.
Yeah, the rain sucked. I ran the 1:30 session and it started sprinkling a bit towards the end. After looking at the radar, it was pretty clear the 4:00 wasn't happening, so I loaded up and headed out. I would have loved to watch the Viper Cup race in the rain, but I've got a decent drive home and it was nice to get home at a good hour for once.
I'll definitely be at quite a few events around the SE in the roadster this year. Need to get the feel of it on different tracks before running the series next year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456