Gen V tow hooks or tow points for track days?

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be tracking the Gen V end of June, and need tow hooks, or at least need to know that it can be pulled out of the gravel safely without damage. Trouble is, I don't have the car yet and may not have time to have something fabbed at the last minute. Anyone heard anything? The Viper TA has one on the front, I couldn't tell if it also has a rear tow hook. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the outside looks exactly like a Gen III and IV front tow hook. They attach to a tubular reinforcement above the radiator. Give Mark J at Woodhouse a call or pm, he'll help you.

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
honestly the only cars i have seen are pre productions. but there was nothing as far as tow hook mounting points such as the T/A. however, again they were pre production cars, so they may have added a front location for hook on production cars.

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really! That seems pretty optimistic to me given the production delays of custom orders thus far.

Guys, let me live in my lala land, LOL. I'm hoping for some good Viper karma here.

Sure you won't change your mind and join me for the track days at Seca June 28-30? C'mon, here I am solving the tow hook problem for you. All you have to do is show up and drive :drive:

Redtanrt10, thanks for the tip to contact Mark at Woodhouse. Those guys should have this figured out pronto.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, let me live in my lala land, LOL. I'm hoping for some good Viper karma here.

Sure you won't change your mind and join me for the track days at Seca June 28-30? C'mon, here I am solving the tow hook problem for you. All you have to do is show up and drive :drive:

I'm pulling for you, Todd... I CAN NOT WAIT to see Stryker Red on the track!

Rich

PilotaX

Viper Owner
Reaction score

At first I thought you were being a bit pessimistic about the gravel trap thing... But then you mentioned Laguna Seca, where the gravel is so deep and impossible to escape, its like tar pits to dinosaurs.

Reaction score
Update,

We tried fitting the existing hooks to the Gen5 and the shorter SCCA version is too long, the long version is too long LOL.

We are having some Gen5 specific ones made up and should be able to ship them in the next 1-2 weeks if anyone wants to get in on a pre order to save time.

Thanks,

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At first I thought you were being a bit pessimistic about the gravel trap thing... But then you mentioned Laguna Seca, where the gravel is so deep and impossible to escape, its like tar pits to dinosaurs.

Thanks for the warning.... I better try to keep it on the track! Donn, will you be driving your Gen V at Laguna Seca?

~Jay

PilotaX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not sure yet. We have a NASA race there the weekend before. And there's also the SAAC convention the same week as the NASA race. So I'm not sure if I can get a kitchen pass for the extra weekend. I'll give it my best shot though!