Gen1 hardtop question

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody know what brand top this is? I bought this off a guy and he knows nothing about it. It was his brothers who passed and he's selling his belongings.

I put it on my car and it looks like it will fit, but I noticed there isn't any rear clips to lock down the back. If anybody has a similar top could you post pictures of the rear clips so I can see what I need.

It does have GN-515 etched on the front underside.

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_1121.JPG

IMG_11232.JPG

IMG_1126.JPG

IMG_11271.JPG

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like a GEN I hardtop but it's missing (at least it appears to be) the rear latches to mount it to the sport bar. On the GEN I's you have to remove the the leather trim strip that runs the length of the sport bar to attach the hardtop.

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It looks like a GEN I hardtop but it's missing (at least it appears to be) the rear latches to mount it to the sport bar. On the GEN I's you have to remove the the leather trim strip that runs the length of the sport bar to attach the hardtop.

Not all gen1 hardtops require the sportsbar to be removed, and I believe it's plastic.

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey man I saw your post on my other thread. My hardtop is the factory top. I have a 1997...

OP
OP
S

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at my factory soft top clips to see if similar clips would work on the hard top and I don't see how they could. I think this top is a Vipermania brand. I went to there site and the tops look very similar. I tried to contact them but I quess they're out of business. Does anybody have a Vipermania top that they could take a picture of the clips so I can see what I need?

Factory soft top

photo53.JPG

My hard top

IMG_11271.JPG

Vipermania top

TopNoDuct.jpg