Glad they are going to limit the amount Corvettes & Mustangs at Cars & Coffee Irvine

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad they have these new rules to thin out the HERD.

"Cars that you don't see the other 6 days of the week" (Corvettes & Mustangs ... Check.)
"Cars you don't normally see on the roads of SoCal" (Corvettes & Mustangs ... Check.)

Well the Corvettes defeted the Mustangs in a spirited battle 37 to 35 at Cars and Coffee today. Vipers lost massively as I was the only Viper there out of 600+ cars. (is that what exclusitivty means? 10 Lambos today too) Sigh.. thanks for the help representing the Viper nation today guys ... LOL :rolaugh:

I will love it when they get rid of all the 4 door BMWs there!! Talk about common place on roads of SoCal!! Porsche was the real winner today with 50+ :smirk:

Of course the lady gatekeeper said I'm totally fine... :headbang:

Anyways see below and discuss...:eater:

C_C_Irvine_rules.PNG

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Glad they are going to limit the amount Corvettes & Mustangs at Cars & Coffee Irv

Aren't we special :headbang:

Report back next month and let us know if they actually turn away corvettes.

Raven2k8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Glad they are going to limit the amount Corvettes & Mustangs at Cars & Coffee Irv

Ive been there about 5 times with my silver 2004 and its usually just my viper and another one.

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ferrari owner's probably have the same opinion of these "Dodge" cars :rolleyes: It all depends where you're coming from.

Raven2k8

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Aren't we special :headbang:

Report back next month and let us know if they actually turn away corvettes.

I was there a couple months ago and they turned away quite a few corvettes and just about every other group of same cars coming in. I saw a big group of GTR's get turned away.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why is something like this so popular in the first place??? Park your car at Taco Bell for a day? I don't get it!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gonna be a lot of butt hurt people at that event.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pompous!!!!!!! Car guys are car guys, so no need to hate or turn away. This kind of arrogance of a drive in for free and hang event just chaps my hide. Golden Supercruise is 1st Saturday evening on each month and is now over 3,000 cars. No one gets tuned away. Despite popularity, it is a sign of a dying franchise. Yes cars and coffee charges a franchise free in other cities. These guys are not looking at the same blue sky as the rest of us.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Car guys are car guys, so no need to hate or turn away. This kind of arrogance of a drive in for free and hang event just chaps my hide.

I agree that these events should try not to discriminate but the classics and antique guys limit the participation on the age of the car. Either way, it's dificult to coordinate and manage these events and people will complain no matter what. It's sorta good news...bad news. Bad news is that these things are becoming so popular that everybody may not be able to go to every event they want to and the good news is that these events are just becoming so popular. You get to meet great people and see great cars and learn a lot in the process and it's like a revival of one of the great traditions of American culture that looked like it was dying for decades:2tu:

Last edited:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think everyone here knows I am not a fan of ferd or shevy.

BUT

I don't believe that is right. I get it, I understand it, but unless the thing is rusted to ****, and he is just trying to part there as he is too lazy to walk in from the street; then I don't feel it is right. I fully agree there are so many vettes and stangs on the road they are common place. And I see so many they have become nothing special in my eyes. But their owners like them and have put a lot of time and effort into them. To then say they can't come out to the show is plain wrong. :(

In saying that, nice to see more non vettes and stangs at the show. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I totally get it.
Look, I like a Subaru WRX-STI, Nissan GTR, Mustang 5.0, or 3 series Bimmer as much as the next guy. However, given the limited amount of space at these events, when twenty of the same car shows up and take up a whole row, it takes away the opportunity for variety and to see
something truly special.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thank goodness the C&C events in my area don't have gatekeepers and a list of rules.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hmmm, never experienced this issue at the Vipers and ****** gathering....whoops, sorry, wrong forum :shhh2:

George

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Secretly, that letter is likely similar to a set of unspoken thoughts that we all have in our minds, about events like this. I am just surprised someone came out and said it on paper! The best comedy value would be to stand near the gatekeeper and watch the reactions people make. Glad I am not that guy.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It would have been a shame this weekend if they had to turn away the guy who showed up in a tubbed TVR with a TT Supra motor and Jag transaxle that he fabricated himself just to make room for the kid who showed up in a stock 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe.:rolleyes: Fortunately everbody got to hang out.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It would have been a shame this weekend if they had to turn away the guy who showed up in a tubbed TVR with a TT Supra motor and Jag transaxle that he fabricated himself just to make room for the kid who showed up in a stock 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe.:rolleyes: Fortunately everbody got to hang out.

I am just happy that the kid with the Hyundai is a car guy and isn't at home playing video games and Tweeting about it. He is the future of the hobby.

Glad you had enough room for everyone to participate.

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lowest preference is given to 4-door cars 2000 and newer

Wonder if they will turn back an Aston Martin Rapide, Maserati Quattroporte, Porsche Panamera or Fisker Karma (and the Lamborghini Estoque if it is ever build)....I bet most Vette and Stang owners are bigger car nuts than many Ferrari and Porsche owners. I like to see exotics as well, but it should be a first come first serve event. If one bothers to get there early to get a good spot, good for him, no matter what car. It's "cars and coffee", not "exotics and coffee". Should be for car enthusiasts - not everybody can affort a Ferrari, but this doesn't mean he's not proud of his ride and wants to show it off. Glad we don't have this problem here in Vancouver.....actually, they have to advertise just to get more cars to come :)

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wonder if they will turn back an Aston Martin Rapide, Maserati Quattroporte, Porsche Panamera or Fisker Karma (and the Lamborghini Estoque if it is ever build)....I bet most Vette and Stang owners are bigger car nuts than many Ferrari and Porsche owners. I like to see exotics as well, but it should be a first come first serve event. If one bothers to get there early to get a good spot, good for him, no matter what car. It's "cars and coffee", not "exotics and coffee". Should be for car enthusiasts - not everybody can affort a Ferrari, but this doesn't mean he's not proud of his ride and wants to show it off. Glad we don't have this problem here in Vancouver.....actually, they have to advertise just to get more cars to come :)

Yeah, but in your quote you can see the next part of the same sentence is "most will be asked to park in structure [overflow/spectator]"

Quite sure something like the cars you mentioned isn't seen every day, so they have left room for their own discretion to allow rarer sedans to enter.

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

.....I pitty the lad who has to stand at the entrance of the event and tell a group of Mustang owners to turn around.....:lmao:

Danconyes

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess C&C stands for "Choose and Condem".

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Our little Saturday morning get together (not the big Super Cruise one) that we started gets between 80 and 150 cars depending on which Saturday. It is anything and everything, just car guys and gals, we purposely had to create it and move it as Cars and Coffee tried to force on us some legal BS that we had to pay a Franchise fee for even calling it a Cars & Coffee event which of course is not a paid show. We said, forgetaboutit and moved it, called it Coffee & Cars and never looked back. No hall monitor, just car guys and gals enjoying rides. Last week, we had 3 different color 458s parked beside a tricked out S2000, next to a Model T with wooden wheels, next to Lotus Evora, next to 4 GTRs, next to a couple of tricked out Lexuses, next to a mid-80s Mustang, a bunch of Cameros and Challengers, next to some 911s next to a few WRXs, next to a 430 and a 360, next to etc., etc. you get my point. All mixed up and there just to have some fun, shoot the S%^T and get out of the house for the morning. Just fun to talk to other car guys and gals and enjoy everyone's rides. NOBODY was looking down on anyone's cars. the Ferrari guys were talking with the Mustang guys, the Camero guys were talking with the owner of the Bentley.

The minute you start to feel better than others, well that goes against the concept of starting the thing in the first place. People are people and cars are cars. No one is better than the next. Sure a 1 of 10 60s Ferarri is a very cool and rare machine but you can not take the enjoyment or passion away from the young kid who worked hard, paid his vehicle off and tricked it out. You were all young once, and worked up to bigger and better things. But the key is to never forget where you came from. Unless you come from serious money and born with a silver spoon in your mouth without realizing the worth of a dollar. The ones from money who feel they are just better than others and look down upon people really dispise me. As I get older, I really have started to just not like those that that feel they are better than the next because they come from money and are entitled. I can see exactly why Buffet is leaving nothing to his kids. It is important to be grounded in life. Actual C&C events in most places are just a concept. The guys actually running the C&C franchise are well..........better not to just say bad about someone.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

^^^^ Well said.

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The minute you start to feel better than others, well that goes against the concept of starting the thing in the first place. People are people and cars are cars. No one is better than the next. Sure a 1 of 10 60s Ferarri is a very cool and rare machine but you can not take the enjoyment or passion away from the young kid who worked hard, paid his vehicle off and tricked it out. You were all young once, and worked up to bigger and better things. But the key is to never forget where you came from. Unless you come from serious money and born with a silver spoon in your mouth without realizing the worth of a dollar. The ones from money who feel they are just better than others and look down upon people really dispise me. As I get older, I really have started to just not like those that that feel they are better than the next because they come from money and are entitled. I can see exactly why Buffet is leaving nothing to his kids. It is important to be grounded in life. Actual C&C events in most places are just a concept.
-Coloviper

True and like jon said..."well said"!!

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Perhaps a better solution for the Irvine C&C would've been to name the "overattending" models and simply set a quota. As in, "we have 10 slots for Corvette owners that care enough to get here early". Everybody's welcome, but it will take some effort if you're not driving something unique...

I tend to judge everything SoCal by my prejudice against all things LA ;) , but to be fair, the Irvine C&C has this problem due to its size/popularity.

Rich

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As soon as the teenage hormones were over with, I struggled (and still do) to figure out why gear heads are the most un-united group of enthusiasts. We are all searching for a sense of speed and the thrill of owning and driving something that makes the soul stirr. The car is just a tool or medium to achieve the end goal that we are all in search of. This is why I don't turn away cars at the small (50+) car meet I put together every year.

On the other hand, I also still find myself making jokes about corvettes and mustangs and don't want my SRT themed car meet overrun by those cars which are so large in number. Thats why I don't go out of my way to invite those groups.

Catch 22 for sure, it would be great if C&C Irvine could handle them all - the problem would be solved.

VPR RACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I have been to the Irvine C&C several times. The event starts at the crack of dawn, 6:30am fills up by 7-7:15am and usually ends by 9am. There is usually a lady that is the gatekeeper. The first time I went there I pulled up in my rental car and she politely told me to park next door, :nono: . The car culture in SoCal is amazing. Some of the newer cars I have seen there are magazine-built quality. We have seen Steve Tyler's 1000+HP Henessey Venom GT, Scion FR-S (prior to release in the US) and the Renault Clio RS. It would be a shame to see them turn away. Due to the limited parking spaces I would vote for first come, first serve.
You must be registered for see images attach

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

At our local C&C we get everything from Stanley Steamers to F40s to a '29 Bentley LeMans race car. If you aren't there by 6:45 you are parking in the back lot.

First come, first served.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Am I the only one who thinks the license plate on that Porsche is hilarious? That just looks so incredibly out of place and non-street legal (though I'm sure it probably is, just not something you'd expect to have any street manners, lol).

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Am I the only one who thinks the license plate on that Porsche is hilarious? That just looks so incredibly out of place and non-street legal (though I'm sure it probably is, just not something you'd expect to have any street manners, lol).
It is really a front wing thinly disguised as a license plate to fool the competition, seems like it fooled ya as well:2tu:

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess our Cars and Coffee is late in Indy... starts ~10AM compared to 6:30?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62