Goodyear Slicks, Tire Pressure?????

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,
What you really want is the pattern on the pavement; the lower the pressure, the more likely you will have 2 rubber tracks at the width of the tires; the higher the pressure, the more likely you will have 1 rubber track, but not the complete width of the tires. Do some burn outs, and set the pressure to give the tire track that is closest to the full width of the tire. Then lower the pressure but be sure to maintain a contact patch that is full width. Remember, the bigger the contact patch, the more the tire is giving you traction. If the contact patch is light in the center, put in more air; light on the edges, let out some air. As you heat the tires, the pressure will increase, and the effects mentioned above will come in to play.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,
Sorry, I didn't get from your post if you were going to the DRAG Track, or ROAD RACE Track. Obviously what I said above was for DRAG Racing. Sorry if I misunderstood.

KIKNVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year I ran in the range of 22-23 cold pressures on the scrub goodyear slicks, heating up to around 28 or so hot temps. Frank is right, though, contact Purner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456