Got my batmobile!!

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I recieved my Gen V last month, been searching for 2 years and waiting for 3 months of delivery as I live outside the states but nontheless the car is awesome and I'm enjoying it :)
been aweful busy with pulling 24/7 shifts at work, we have some kind of crisis and I haven't had much time to drive Stryker but I noticed few issues and I'd appreciate any input:
I recieved the car with dead battery, even the trunk won't open with a key. Now that I replaced the battery it got drained after 1 week of not using the car so I had to jump start it! I have the sensor voltage erratic P1628 error any idea?
I also notice water coming out of the exhausts everytime I switch it on?!
I'd like to know the recommended oil level as the oil stick shows oil below the "safe" zone. Is this normal?
I'm using my phone currently and will upload pics later

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! Can't wait to see the pics, welcome to Gen 5 ownership!

I can't answer the electrical issue, that's one for the dealer, but the water is normal. As to the oil level when you say "below" it should be in the safe zone...

Who delivered this car to you like this? Not a great start if you ask me, the car is amazing, it's expensive, and I would have torn someone a new one if they gave me a sweet machine like this with a dead battery.

I will say, I have all my vipers on battery tenders, I don't drive them enough to keep them up, so if you are going to only drive once a week, I would recommend getting one.

OP
OP
S

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Thats how happy I am with it :D

OP
OP
S

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@nsane1 thanks! I was and still frustrated as now I'm using a non-factory battery, considering the 3 months shipment overseas I expected to recieve it with the battery disconnected but what happened happened I want to enjoy it now.
How come the water is normal can you please explain from where it comes?
As for the oil, nothing alarming on the dashboard but I prefer to fill it now, any recommended oil? I read SA-40 is the option
I'll search for battery tenders, thx!

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your user name is SADVIPER, yet you post a picture smiling happily. I'm confused a little and don't know how I should feel about this.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
@nsane1 thanks! I was and still frustrated as now I'm using a non-factory battery, considering the 3 months shipment overseas I expected to recieve it with the battery disconnected but what happened happened I want to enjoy it now.
How come the water is normal can you please explain from where it comes?
As for the oil, nothing alarming on the dashboard but I prefer to fill it now, any recommended oil? I read SA-40 is the option
I'll search for battery tenders, thx!

Water is normal because very hot exhaust is condensing the cooler air forming water vapor that is getting blown out your exhaust pipes. My RT10 is a master at it :D

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are several threads on the forums about some Gen V Vipers using a lot of oil in their early life. If I were a new owner, I would check the oil level at every fill up for a few thousand miles, and keep it at the full line. I don't know what your situation is with warranty support; but, I would not take a chance even if I lived in the same state as one of the most helpful Viper dealerships. Isn't the factory fill labeled on the oil filler cap? I would go with that. Either there or in the users guide. I do not own one; but, I had looked up the specs on that oil and it sounds like it is what you want to stay with if available where you are.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be my concern with left over cars just sitting. Have they been started and exercised? Is battery flat? DOT standards are to replace tires every five years regardless of wear, sometimes just for age and now a 13 viper is approaching three years old even if bought as a leftover "new"

I disagree with needing a tender if you only drive once per week. I only drive mine once per week and have been for the last 1.5 years. Voltage is mid 12's on start and over 14 once warm. If it's going to sit for more than 8 days it might be a good idea to plug her in. It's a deep cycle battery. My Maserati on the other hand.....

Water coming from exhaust may or may not be normal. What is the quantity and can you post a pic or video?

I mightve paid more by ordering in 2012 but I don't have such issues. The worst thing any car can do is sit. Hope it gets sorted soon. Keep us updated.

OP
OP
S

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Water is normal because very hot exhaust is condensing the cooler air forming water vapor that is getting blown out your exhaust pipes. My RT10 is a master at it :D
lol thanks for the explanation :D

OP
OP
S

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are several threads on the forums about some Gen V Vipers using a lot of oil in their early life. If I were a new owner, I would check the oil level at every fill up for a few thousand miles, and keep it at the full line. I don't know what your situation is with warranty support; but, I would not take a chance even if I lived in the same state as one of the most helpful Viper dealerships. Isn't the factory fill labeled on the oil filler cap? I would go with that. Either there or in the users guide. I do not own one; but, I had looked up the specs on that oil and it sounds like it is what you want to stay with if available where you are.
yeah the no warranty thing ***** especially when my battery gets dead every week. I asked the dealer to check the oil level and I have read it is normal to consume a lil but now Ihave to fill it with some oil.
Thanks for the help

OP
OP
S

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be my concern with left over cars just sitting. Have they been started and exercised? Is battery flat? DOT standards are to replace tires every five years regardless of wear, sometimes just for age and now a 13 viper is approaching three years old even if bought as a leftover "new"

I disagree with needing a tender if you only drive once per week. I only drive mine once per week and have been for the last 1.5 years. Voltage is mid 12's on start and over 14 once warm. If it's going to sit for more than 8 days it might be a good idea to plug her in. It's a deep cycle battery. My Maserati on the other hand.....

Water coming from exhaust may or may not be normal. What is the quantity and can you post a pic or video?

I mightve paid more by ordering in 2012 but I don't have such issues. The worst thing any car can do is sit. Hope it gets sorted soon. Keep us updated.
policy, the shadow blue is awesome in person :) n no it wasnt a leftover it was a slightly used car and my issue was not the price it was the specs I want and the need to get it pre-owned for 6 months so that I can ship it internationally.
I hate the small technical issues fot such a pricey car but I knew that before getting along and I love the car afterall. I'll try to remember to take a pic of the water for u next time when I charge my battery! Its stupid that I have to do it weekly because of some faulty voltage sensor and I'm waiting for someone to diagnose that code. I've told the dealer to take it for a spin before loading itto the container and disconnec the battery but... smh.