Got my Kumho XS the next day!

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ordered my tires from JonB Wed. morning and they were here Thursday afternoon (standard shipping)! Jon got my order processed FAST! Thanks again Jon! :headbang:

OP
OP
H

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call JonB, his price is the best out there (see his thread in the vendor specials section).

They are in my garage waiting to be installed. They were shipped from LA to TX thru tire rack.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did my first track day outing with my Kumho's this past Sunday. You need to be sure to get plenty of heat in them because they understeer a little more than the PS2's, on turn in, although they're both fairly temperature sensitive. Overall they're very good tires for the money. Have fun!

OP
OP
H

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did my first track day outing with my Kumho's this past Sunday. You need to be sure to get plenty of heat in them because they understeer a little more than the PS2's, on turn in, although they're both fairly temperature sensitive. Overall they're very good tires for the money. Have fun!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm running runcraps right now since my car is an 06, so I should see and feel a big improvement... :)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, the XSs now come in the OEM 345/30/19 size as well as the OEM 275/35/18 front size.

YEP! $1229 / set of four ! In Stock. 17" Sets VCA $749 !!
No Tax. s/h about $15-17/tire

18" V-700 sets $1039

Thanks Guys

OP
OP
H

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pics uninstalled:

Attachments

• tire1.jpg
    tire1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 33
  • tire2.jpg
    tire2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 55
  • tire3.jpg
    tire3.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
H

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got about 50 miles on them so far, here are my initial impressions (compared to the stock run flats):

- grip is much better both in a straight line and cornering, especially cornering
- ride quality is much better over rougher roads (due to the sidewall flex)
- ride quality is a little worse over smooth roads (due to the additional sidewall flex)
- tire patch is wider due to the squared off shoulder versus the rounded run flat

I am very happy with the tires, and want to put some on my GTS in the future.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've got about 50 miles on them so far, here are my initial impressions (compared to the stock run flats):

- grip is much better both in a straight line and cornering, especially cornering
- ride quality is much better over rougher roads (due to the sidewall flex)
- ride quality is a little worse over smooth roads (due to the additional sidewall flex)
- tire patch is wider due to the squared off shoulder versus the rounded run flat

I am very happy with the tires, and want to put some on my GTS in the future.

Thanks for the feedback, and the kind words. By your screenname, a 99GTS... If your GTS has OE wheels, we have XS tires for 92-98 Vipers (17"-$759!) but NOT an 18" XS rear 99-02.

OP
OP
H

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, and the kind words. By your screenname, a 99GTS... If your GTS has OE wheels, we have XS tires for 92-98 Vipers (17"-$759!) but NOT an 18" XS rear 99-02.

Jon,
I've got 19's front and back on my 99 GTS currently, but I am thinking about going to an 18/19 setup and use the stock size SRT tires I already bought from you. Do you have any discounts on CCW wheels??? :D :dunno:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jon,
I've got 19's front and back on my 99 GTS currently, but I am thinking about going to an 18/19 setup and use the stock size SRT tires I already bought from you. Do you have any discounts on CCW wheels???

We are a CCW vendor, but the margins are very thin...I could save you about $150 , thanks! ...

How about a great set of 5-spoke Forgelines 18-19 with Silver centers to match the Silver Bullet GTS....deep-dish fully polished outers ? $2995 !!!!

Last edited:

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to need to get a set of tires for my GTS pretty soon, and these look like a decent deal. How do they compare to the PS2s, and the OEM Pilot SX tires? Believe it or not, I have a 'brand new' set of Pilots that I bought ten years ago and bagged in Argon gas (I use Argon for welding, and it seemed like a good way to keep them 'fresh' at the time). I never got around to using them, and with the price of these Kumhos through Jon, I might just leave them in their bags...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm going to need to get a set of tires for my GTS pretty soon, and these look like a decent deal. How do they compare to the PS2s, and the OEM Pilot SX tires? Believe it or not, I have a 'brand new' set of Pilots that I bought ten years ago and bagged in Argon gas (I use Argon for welding, and it seemed like a good way to keep them 'fresh' at the time). I never got around to using them, and with the price of these Kumhos through Jon, I might just leave them in their bags...

MARTIN, missed you at PIR !!

These are available for GTS in 17" sets. Original Pilot SX was 17" so you should be fine. Then YOU can be admiring the tread pattern in person too, like Hou99GTS, instead of just admiring the pictures as some others do !!

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MARTIN, missed you at PIR !!

These are available for GTS in 17" sets. Original Pilot SX was 17" so you should be fine. Then YOU can be admiring the tread pattern in person too, like Hou99GTS, instead of just admiring the pictures as some others do !!

Sorry about missing PIR - we were at the Edgefield, and I ended up having a couple too many beers to relocate (let alone do a pace car ride when it's drizzling out :) ) I just love that place!

I'm definitely thinking hard about those tires!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry about missing PIR - we were at the Edgefield, and I ended up having a couple too many beers to relocate (let alone do a pace car ride when it's drizzling out :) ) I just love that place! I'm definitely thinking hard about those tires!!

Martin, Ill be out there SATURDAY again, 8a-4p.....but this time it should be pouring rain. The PS-2 is a phenominal rain tire, and the rooster-tails are cool...Whoaing down from ~135mph in the wet and feeling the ABS pump does the same for the adreneline!

You are invited....

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin, Ill be out there SATURDAY again, 8a-4p.....but this time it should be pouring rain. The PS-2 is a phenominal rain tire, and the rooster-tails are cool...Whoaing down from ~135mph in the wet and feeling the ABS pump does the same for the adreneline!

You are invited....

Thanks for the invite Jon! It looks like I'll be staying down here in the Bay Area over the weekend. I've got the GTS down here, and I recently lost another pushrod in it (makes three failures over the past two years). Not sure what's going on... The last time, two exhaust pushrods went south, and when I replaced them, all was fine again (did a compression test, all cylinders were good and even - so no valve-to-piston contact hopefully). I'm going to be tearing into it to see what's up - and hoping that it's just the crappy stock pushrods. It's really weird since I wasn't up against the rev lmiter, didn't miss a shift, or do anything that would typically make it give up. Just driving like normal, and it started tapping really loud... After the ACR comes in and my finances recover I think I'm going to just swap the heads for a set of Strikers :)