Got to meet Jon and Doris

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I have to say they are wonder people. They are extremely friendly and were willing to help. I was trying to get my wife a ride in one of the faster lap cars at VIR but we were running into the issue of getting my wife a helmet to use. The time she was going to end up going out was right after I was coming off so she wasn't able to use mine. Doris goes to their rental trunk and hands my wife a helmet and said just bring it back sometime later.

Beyond that I asked Jon if he could arrange for me to meet Ralph Gilles. The picture speaks for itself.

Thanks again

Last edited:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool pics. I saw Ralph talking to some folks near my car after our final session on Sunday. I wanted to say hello and ask for a photo op, but by the time I got my helmet off and got out of the car, he'd scooted off. :(

I do have to say how awesome it is that a man as far up the food chain as Ralph is is out at events like this and I saw him ALL OVER THE PLACE. He doesn't just hang out with people he knows...he was constantly out meeting new people and talking. A true gentleman and car nut.

Great pictures John.

(and..fixed and cleaned up as requested.)

ETA: And since this thread is really about JonB and Doris, I have to agree....two very nice people. Jon gave 'toys' out to some of the little kids (pull-back GTS models) and a few other bits to folks and the lucky dog got to drive the Challenger Pace Car...very cool. The Viper community just plain rocks because of folks like this.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4