Gotta Give Props to Discount Tire

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I picked up a screw in a rear tire and ran the snake over to the local Discount Tire. A guy came out of the store, pad in hand before I could get out of the car. I told him I needed a plug and patch until I was ready for a new set of sneakers. Less than 10 minutes later, they had the wheel off (no air tools used) and were dismounting the tire. Another 10 minutes they were remounting the tire and balancing the wheel. I went in to settle up -- no charge! He must have seen the big question mark hanging over my head -- "no problem, in another six months you'll come back here to get a set of sneakers for that beast."

And you know I just might do that! I didn't think customer service like that existed in this world anymore.

Good going to Discount Tire! :2tu:

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've delt with 3 diff. locations, as they build them closer to home, and all 3 have had this kind of service. :2tu:

OP
OP
T

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, which location?
The one on 281 between Thousand Oaks and Brook Hollow. It was impressively fast service and free was a bonus.

I thought it was funny when he said to do PS2s when I replaced the sneakers. I told him Pilot Cups - stickier! All he did was laugh and say, yep, that would be true. :drive:

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the exact same treatment last summer when I picked up a nail in the rear tire of my GTS. Only thing I did different was I brought the wheel/tire in off the car. It was doubly refreshing for me because the first place I brought it to wouldn't touch it because I didn't buy the tires from them. :omg:

SLICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have bought alot of " sneakers " from Discount tire . Always pleasurable people to work with

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have been giving this type of free service for years. Even if you did not purchase your tires from them.

They have pretty good equipment, and fast service.

You can even buy your tires from another dealer, they will install them for just a few bucks per tire.

They have locations all over the place. Pretty knowledgeble too.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a good Discount Tire story. In '97 I had a set of BFG's on my F-350 Turbo Diesel...long story short one of the rears "fell off" on I-10 in Phoenix...imagine a 35" tire and rim passing you on the road at 80 mph (thankfully it bounced, rolled, weaved and bled off energy on the four lanes heading West and never crossed the median into oncoming Eastbound traffic...OUCH). Anyways, Discount Tire in Yuma had mounted the tires about 5K miles earlier (probably 4-6 months). I contacted them and explained the situation. Once I got the truck back from the FORD dealer in Phoenix, they filled out a claim form for the damages (about $1400). Shortly thereafter, Corporate (located in Phoenix) called to deny the claim since "too much time and mileage" had passed since their work on the truck. I argued that it wasn't a time or mileage issue since Discount Tire was the last to work on the vehicle, the tire fell off, and they are culpable regardless. Funny thing is is that a day earlier I had received a $1400 check from the Discount Tire store in Yuma directly so I was really surprised to hear from the Corporate legal office. I guess the Yuma store felt responsible enough to cover the damage unbenownst to Corporate (not sure how that works...private insurance maybe). At some point in my toying with the Corporate Legal gal (kinda funny how I lead her along during all this) I informed her I found it interesting how Corporate felt no responsibility in this case yet I had just received a settlement from the local Discount Tire owner...so "he" felt responsible yet Corporate did not....Hummm. All she said was "Great...I'm glad you were taken care of"....WOW. Needless to say I was a Discount Tire for life customer based on the actions of the local dealer. Great bunch of franchise owners out there willing to do the right things for the right reasons. Closest one to Tampa is in Orlando (and I actually go there!!)