Great experience with Tom Sessions

Destructo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at Viper Days at VIR and my drivetrain was making noise. Jon B told me to talk to Archer Racing, so I asked the guys at Archer Racing for help diagnosing it. They put it up on their lift and diagnosed it as a bad pinion bearing. They advised me not to drive the car until it was fixed. They offered to haul it back to their shop in Duluth & said they could have it fixed by the end of the week. I figured I would see if anyone had a spare diff they would be willing to sell me, as I had plans to continue my road trip after Viper Days. I asked around the other Viper race teams, but no joy at finding a replacement. When I spoke to Tom, he offered to haul my car to his shop & said he could have me back on the road in a day or two.

We loaded up my car at the end of the day & Tom gave me a ride into Wilmington, dropping me off at a hotel on the way to his shop. He called the next morning once he had the diff apart and confirmed it was a bad pinion bearing - the outer race had started to pit. He called later that afternoon with an update that all parts were at hand other than the crush sleeve which would be in the next morning. He kept me informed the next day through phone calls and text that parts were all in, the diff was reassembled and road test was good. He picked me up from the hotel about noon and we went back to his shop. He topped off my A/C and I was on my way. He called again a couple of hours later to check that all was good with the car.

Great service, great communication and great follow-up. Definitely recommend him.

Last edited: