Great News For Every Viper Owner/Racer!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you remember Jim Julow, one of our strongest supporters at Dodge, and surely a guy that enjoys Vipers as much as we do, and surely "gets it!". He wholeheartedly felt that the Viper Nation deserved the best, and the VOI's and generous support we got during his era will be remembered by all!

Congratulations Jim!

...and here's the good news:

Julow Named Next SCCA President and CEO

TOPEKA, Kan. (Jan. 27, 2006) – Sports Car Club of America, Inc. (SCCA), the 60,000-member motorsports organization boasting the largest active participant group in racing, announced today that James R. Julow will become its next President and Chief Executive Officer.

Julow brings a wealth of industry experience to SCCA, with a focus on marketing and operations. His 28-year automotive career has included stints with all domestic divisions of the current Chrysler Group, including serving most recently as the DaimlerChrysler Vice President of Motorsports and SRT Programs.

“Throughout this process, the Board of Directors’ primary goal has been to ensure the future leadership and excellence of the staff for this Club,” SCCA Chairman of the Board Robert Introne said. “We met with a number of excellent candidates, and Jim Julow stood out as an outstanding choice for the next president of SCCA. He brings a wealth of knowledge and leadership qualities to our company and has a proven record of success in his past business endeavors.”

“Given my broad background in the automotive industry and, more recently, consulting in high-tech growth marketing, I feel that there is a lot that I can bring to SCCA,” Julow said. “My goal is to turbo charge SCCA. It already has a great image and excellent programs, and I want to work to take everything to the next level.”

Under Julow’s leadership, the current Dodge Motorsports program, which includes a successful NASCAR effort, was born. Additionally, the Street Race Technology (SRT) program was conceived, and he oversaw the launch of the Viper SRT-10 convertible and SRT-4 as well as the distribution of the Viper Competition Coupe. While the VP and General Manager of Dodge, Julow set all-time records for sales, share and revenue for the Dodge Division.

In 2003, following his departure from DaimlerChrysler, Julow became a partner and Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer for Swat Team, a growth marketing consulting company specializing in the high-tech industry.

Julow’s academic accomplishments include undergraduate and MBA degrees from Purdue University and certificates of merit from Harvard University and Michigan State University. He and his wife, Joan, will relocate from Bloomfield Hills, Mich. to Kansas. The couple has three college-aged children.

Julow replaces Steve Johnson, who held the Club’s top position from 2000 through September 2005, before moving to a similar position with Champ Car. Julow will take officially take the office full time in early March, but will be on hand for the annual SCCA National Convention in Kansas City, Feb. 2-4.

SCCA
Founded in 1944, the Sports Car Club of America, Inc. is a 60,000-plus member motorsports organization that incorporates all facets of autocross, rally and road racing at both club and professional levels. It annually sanctions over 2,000 events through its 111 regions and professional subsidiary. Landmark events and series for the Club include the Club Racing National Championship Runoffs® at Heartland Park Topeka; The Tire Rack SCCA Solo Nationals and ProSolo Championship at Topeka, Kan.; and the SCCA Pro Racing SPEED World Challenge Championships. For more information, please visit www.scca.com.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoping that he will help reclassify the Comp Coupe in GT2

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In early 2005 , 1/3rd of the cars in the World Challenge Series were Comp. Coupes and by the end of the year the continued restrictions on the least expensive car in the GT Class, had numbers down to 4-5 cars. Jim will bring some balance to that situation while keeping things fair for all, and I for one would love to see competition numbers , per race, back in the 30+ numbers , instead of the 20+ at years end.

Jim is walking into an interesting position ,with Heartland Park just finishing with it's renovation, and 2006 will see the SCCA Finals at this very track. Along with sporting the SCCA Solo II Nationals at the track, Jim will have some importants tasks in front of him during this showcase year for SCCA in it's hometown.

I hope plenty of folks will support the SRT Nationals, as this also will be a big event at Heartland Park , Topeka, and I am sure Jim will show up to visit with all his old friends. Make sure you make this event in July, as it would be a great time to reminisce and congratulate a fellow Viperholic, now in charge of the " World's Most Respected Sports Car Club!"

www.srtnationals.org :2tu:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is GREAT news for Viper owners, SCCA members, and SRT-anything owners.

Jim Julow is in my personal "Hero" category in Viper history.

P.S. Watch this week for official announcment of DAN KNOTT's replacement at SRT.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R