Great story driving my viper this weekend - funny, small world, and great people

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other than an event last year, I have never seen another Viper on the road in my area in 10 years.

I was driving this sunday down the highway (1997 B/W GTS) on my way home and from a distance I saw what looked like another Viper going down the same highway. I proceeded to catch up and sure enough I found myself driving beside a 2000 Black striped ACR.

We paralled each other with normal thumbs up and grins. I then passed him at a lazy xx mph and pulled ahead of him into the left lane. Then he proceeded to pass at an undisclosed speed;) so.....I passed...a little faster....he then did the same. You get the idea. We weren't racing, just drive bys.

To my suprise, he then took my exit from the highway. So I followed him thinking we would get together at a gas station. Instead he pulled into his home driveway just a few minutes from where keep my car. He motioned me to pull over so we could talk. So we are sitting in his driveway checking out each others car. He suddenly starts laughing.....

Me: "....what is so funny?...."
ACR guy: "...I have something to tell you...."
Me: "...what...."
ACR guy: "...i just have to let you know.....I am a police officer!!"
Me: (sound of pants filling up) "oh crap...."

Anyway, he turns out to be a great guy. I tell him that I am building an early 70's Challenger with a modern Hemi. Turns out he is a Mopar guy too. He invites me into his house and shows me magazine articles of his cars and a Dart 426 Hemi that he just sold to buy his Viper.

It gets better....

We then start talking about VCA and he asks if I am taking the performance driving courses coming up. I told him I couldn't make it but I was looking for private courses. Guess what - turns out he is a perfromance driving instructor. He teaches the viper driving courses coming up and teaches police cadets how to drive.

He offered to teach me privately, I just have to pay for some track time.

How awesome is that!!! Small world and what a great community.

How about you guys? Any new stories this year?

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
awesome man! Plus now you know who to call when you want to head out for some spirited driving!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, lucky day for you, but remember you haven't officially met me yet. That will be a day you won't soon forget.

:cool:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's great! I'm heading to Portland for Driver's Ed next week.

Ted

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was a pleasure meeting you John, thanks for the good words. See guy's Cops aren't that bad after all....;)

If you ever consider a transfer to the Calgary area, I know a two-Viper owner who would very much appreciate a free pass from you to go roadhunting in the area :) When I met up with him again last year he mostly complained about unmarked cars and a couple of other things :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R