Gretna Days, July 18th.

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will have both of my cars there. Bruce needs to arrive under the cover of night/darkness so he doesn't cause any more wrecks.

They will have a pinstriping guy there. Maybe I should have him put some flames on my cars.?

It looks like we have around ten Vipers so far. A friend of mine called last night and said his neighbor came home with a yellow vert so I'll have to try to recruit him.

Cheers, Lee

V

Venomiss

May you have good weather and get many Vipers attending.
Pictures please!

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with Gary This morning and he will be attending. Weather looks good for Sunday and hope to have about 10 snakes attend.

Bruce

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm in! where is everyone meeting? if I don't hear anything, I'll head over in the morning sometime and just go str8 there...

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can all meet at the Hardees on I-80 exit 440 at the Sapp Bros truck stop exit. and leave to the show by 0830.

Bruce

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BlknBlu - I'm in:) don't wait for me but I'll shoot to arrive by 8:20 but my son may have other plans... sat night we're heading to camel and ostrich races so I hope I can get the sleepy guy out of bed.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Change of plans,

We are meeting at the 439 exit at 0800 in the ***-n-Go gas station. The High Impact Performance Auto club (mopars) will also be attending the event.

Bruce

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oooohk... this sux! so much rain I can't sleep! checked radar and it stretches from omaha to des moines!!! i sure hope it clears/dries up before 8 or 9... this is ridiculous;( last night we stayed in b/c of the heat and now this...

HPmopars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a little rain with some thunder here last night in Omaha :smirk: I should be at the show ninish or so. ;) I'am only bringing the Viper today :drive:

-Greg

OP
OP
A

Alley

Enthusiast
Reaction score
14 Vipers showed.

You must be registered for see images

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep... good times and it was cool to meet alley, lee, blknblu, bill pemberton, mike from gretna... if I forgot someone sorry, I'm terrible with names except for Carmen;) My son is sick of my camera so this was bout all I got.

Attachments

• IMG_2152w.jpg
    IMG_2152w.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2153w.jpg
    IMG_2153w.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2155w.jpg
    IMG_2155w.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2177w.jpg
    IMG_2177w.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2178w.jpg
    IMG_2178w.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 12

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok... couple more:)

Attachments

• IMG_2182w.jpg
    IMG_2182w.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2165.jpg
    IMG_2165.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 6
V

Venomiss

Very cool pictures and nice turn out! The swap meet sign is pretty funny.:)

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has been our largest event by far. We had a great day and the event organizers were extremely pleased that we had Mopar lane at the end of the street. They went out of thier way to make sure we had adequate parking for the Muscle cars and the snakes. 14 Vipers at the event was great for us. Venom red does not get much good press in pictures but Bill's new car looked great in the sunlight. Gary's Mamba took 2nd place in our class. A ZR1 that looked like it came straight from the dealership took 1st.

Thanks to all the attended and Alley and Chad for the pics.

Bruce

OP
OP
A

Alley

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, the ZR1 had no plates, and the window sticker on the car. lol Give him the trophy!

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car show was a huge success - lot's of positive feedback. The sponsoring club is going to have a debrief soon and I plan to attend. Please pass along any pro/con comments or suggestions that you may have. Many people have said that the Viper & Mopar club display was the highlite of the show.

Preliminary car count is 300+ up from 217 last year - not bad considering it was the same day as two or three other local shows including the H&H all-chevy show. This is the second year that the new club has run the show and it has realy taken off. I would expect 400+ next year so put it on your calendars. Let's see if we can get 20+ Vipers next year.

If you did not have a chance to check out the graphic artist that was there, he is one of the animators of the Simpsons and does excellent auto-oriented original artwork. He can create custom illustrations of your car(s). If you are interested in having something done let me now and I can pass along his contact info.

Cheers, Lee

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62