GROUP BUY- Mopar RB1 Navigation System for SRT-10

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
RB-1 Information Thread

If anyone would like to get together with a group buy, I can do the following:

5 buyers, 50.00 per unit off ($1365.00)
10 buyers, 95.00 per unit off ($1320.00)

Retail list is $1595.00, my normal price is $1415.00.

No date is currently set for the end, let me know if there is any interest.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone else want to hop on this?

Here is the deal, since I realize that this time of the year may be a little more difficult to sell an item such as this;

For each unit sold as a group purchase, I will discount 10.00 per unit, up to a max of 95.00 off each.

Example: 3 units sold, 30.00 off each. 4 units, 40.00 off each, etc.

Are any of you guys above on a specific timeframe? If so, I can set the end date for this group buy, and see where we stand.

Forgot to mention above, this IS a DIY modification if you have moderate mechanical ability, and the confidence to pop (literally) panels out of your interior. I can supply Step-By-Step instructions on the installation procedure. Optional items (CD Changers, Hardware kits for changers, Satellite Radio setups, etc.) are available at time of purchase.

Thanks,

Don Anzalone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested.....

One question though, since this is a "Alpine" product made for dodge does is support a Alpine Ai CD chganger?

Also, just to make it clear , This unit has a single disc Cd reader.

Thanks

Don

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Don-

Hmm, in all honesty, I am not sure. Perhaps if you can e-mail me picture of the electrical connector it uses, I can give you a better idea? The best person on the board to ask the question to is "Jim Z"

Yes, the unit has a single DVD-Rom reader, which can read DVD Map Discs, CD, CD-R, and CD-RW.

As always, I highly advise using an external changer of some type, and leaving the Map-Disc in the head unit at ALL times. It is simply too expensive to toss around like a regular CD.

Thanks Don.

(PS- guys, Don makes 5, let me know if you want to jump now or hold off longer!)

nevrenuf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I'm in....... provided the group purchase closes in a reasonable time frame and delivery is relatively quick.. i dont want to wait 6 weeks to get this done.

Also, as asked in a prior post, do you lose NAV when playing a CD? Can the unit control a changer and/or sat radio??

Thanks for working on a deal for us!!!!

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Final GTS,

Two quick questions (as I do not own a Gen III), are these units a Din and 1/2 size. I am asking because I just picked up a 2003 Durango R/T and would be interested in getting one for that if it were to fit.
Second, do you know if they will work with the factory steering wheel controls on their radio and CD side. My Durango has the Infinity system with this feature. This would probably not stop me, though it would definitely be a plus.

Thanks,
Paul :2tu:

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nevrenuf- We are very close to 10 at the moment, shouldnt be much longer! From the time I recieve payment, it takes me 2 days TOPS to receive and turn around the units. All units will be shipped UPS Ground.

Yes, you will lose Nav when playing a CD IN THE HEADUNIT, as you have to take out the map-disc to do so. However, while the unit is in Nav mode, you can still listen to the radio, listen to CD's from a Changer, or from Satellite Radio. (that answers your second question, yes, it can control a changer and/or Sat radio)

RCKTMN- Yes, these units are 1.5 din, and of the "rounded edge style" Mopar radios. It should fit in a 2003 Durango with no problem. From the informtion I can find, yep, the steering wheel controls are retained.

PS- Shipping costs will be flat rate, 15.00 for UPS Ground Insured to anywhere in the USA-48. Please contact me if you are out of the USA-48 so I can get you an accurate shipping quote!

Thanks!

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Final GTS,

Please include me in your count. Let me know how to take care of the finances for this.

Thanks,
Paul

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
To All:

Payments can be made via PayPal, Credit Cards, or Money Order/Check. MO/Check is strongly preferred due to very tight margins. We are at a count of 7 right now, putting the price at 1345.00 + Shipping. I figure I will put a date cap of Jan 31st, seeing as we are pretty close, and I dont want to hold any of you up longer than that.

Is that OK with everyone?

On Jan 31st, I will contact everyone on an individual basis. The price will be finalized at that point, and I can add in shipping and any other additional options that each of you may want at that point. I will then post on the thread who is pending and who is paid, to keep everyone else up to date.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Alright Guys, Times up!

LAST MINUTE PEOPLE, If you want on, MAKE IT FAST! As in, sometime today!

8 Units spoken for, 80.00 discount per unit... on my already very discounted normal price.

-Price for each unit is 1335.00 plus shipping.
-Shipping cost is 15.00 flat rate for USA-48. Please contact me if you are an Alaska/Hawaii resident, or international for a shipping price.

Available options to accompany RB-1;

-6 CD Changer: 325.00
-6 CD Changer Hardware Kit: 35.00
-10 CD Changer: (I'll have to fill in this blank)
-10 CD Changer Hardware Kit: 35.00
-Sirius Satellite Radio setups: 285.00 (also requires monthly Sirius subscription)

(I supply all Sirius kits with Multiplexers, so a Changer and Sirius can be connected at the SAME time and toggled on the AUX menu)

Payment methods include Check/Money Order, PayPal, and Credit Cards. Check/Money order is STRONGLY preferred, due to very tight margins on these items.

Viper Specialty Performance
402 Willow Green Dr.
Amherst, NY 14228
(716) 912-5336

I am going to FWD this same message by way of E-mail and/or PM to everyone, please contact me with items desired, and payment mothed you would prefer, and we will go from there!

I will post a message on the board that lists who is pending, and who is paid, to keep everyone updated.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Triguy- E-mailed
Dirk989- PM'd
Brad04Mamba- E-mailed
Viperdriver- E-mailed
Don Anzalone- E-mailed
nevrenuf- PM'd
RKTMN- PM'd

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
UPDATE: GROUP BUY FULL

I can still accept additional orders, but no additional discount can be given.

All 10 slots have now been filled, additional 15.00 discount on each unit. For anyone who missed this group buy, I will start another in a month or two from now.

Current Price: 1320.00

Triguy- E-mailed
Dirk989- Pending Payment
Brad04Mamba- E-mailed
Viperdriver- E-mailed
(2) Don Anzalone- E-mailed
nevrenuf- PM'd
RKTMN- PM'd
Franz- Pending Payment
bmoney- Pending Payment

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Price on 10 disc changer is 375.00

There is a SLIGHT chance they wont come with the correct mounting brackets, as Mopar made changes to them since summer when I order the last ones. If that happens, I will swap them out with 6 disc setups and refund the difference if you happen to order one. I will know ahead of time and ship them as such.

Currently, there is no 10 disc orders however, all 6's.

Triguy- Pending Payment
Dirk989- Pending Payment
Brad04Mamba- E-mailed
Viperdriver- E-mailed
nevrenuf- PM'd
RKTMN- PM'd
Franz- Pending Payment
bmoney- Pending Payment

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Triguy- Pending Payment
Dirk989- Pending Payment
Brad04Mamba- E-mailed
Viperdriver- E-mailed
nevrenuf- PM'd
RKTMN- PM'd
Franz- Pending Payment
bmoney- Pending Payment
VNMOUS-Pending Payment

Just a reminder, Please remember to include which items the payment is for, your E-Mail address or Viperclub.org username, and the address you would like the items shipped to when you send payment.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Triguy- Pending Payment
Dirk989- Pending Payment
Brad04Mamba- E-mailed
Viperdriver- E-mailed
nevrenuf- PM'd
RKTMN- Pending Payment (Hold and ship no earlier than 2/12)
Franz- Pending Payment
bmoney- Pending Payment
VNMOUS-Pending Payment

Just a reminder, Please remember to include which items the payment is for, your E-Mail address or Viperclub.org username, and the address you would like the items shipped to when you send payment.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Triguy- RECEIVED
Dirk989- Pending Payment
Brad04Mamba- E-mailed
nevrenuf- PM'd
RKTMN- Pending Payment (Hold and ship no earlier than 2/12)
Franz- RECEIVED
bmoney- RECEIVED
VNMOUS-Pending Payment

Second reminder, Just a note if you missed it above, the price was dropped from 1335.00 to 1320.00 since the first batch of e-mails were sent out last week.

I am also going to send another round of e-mails out to those I have not heard from yet.

Thanks,

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PAID:
-Triguy
-RCKTMN
-FRANZ
-BMONEY

PENDING:
-Dirk989
-VNMOUS
-(2) Don Anzalone

NO CONTACT:
(Come on guys, whats going on? You signed up for the group buy, dont leave me hanging)
-Brad04Mamba
-nevrenuf

Payments are starting to roll in now, hope to get this wrapped up by early next week.

Second reminder, Just a note if you missed it above, the price was dropped from 1335.00 to 1320.00 since the first batch of e-mails were sent out last week.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PAID:
-Triguy
-RCKTMN
-Franz
-BMONEY
-VNMOUS

PENDING:
-Dirk989
-(2) Don Anzalone
-Brad04Mamba

NO CONTACT:
(Come on guys, whats going on? You signed up for the group buy, dont leave me hanging)
-nevrenuf

Payments are starting to roll in now, hope to get this wrapped up by early next week. I will be depositing the first batch of checks (first 5 buyers) tonight. Hopefully I will be able to deposit the other checks by this weekend and get the order placed by monday or tuesday. I will place the order as soon as I have recieved 9 of 10 payments.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456