GTS suspension rattle?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 97 GTS started picking up a odd rattle when I go over bumps on the front passenger side. Even at 1-2mph going over a 2 inch high rail produces the rattle. Any ideas? Springs? Shocks? Loose brakes? :(

OP
OP
W

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So a little more info...

Pulled the Viper out for a drive yesterday and when I came back, it was parked in the driveway. I walked into the garage to get something when I noticed some sort of fluid/oil that had leaked where the front right tire is. Are my shock leaking? Could that explain the sounds I'm hearing? If that's the case, how dangerous is that to drive with?

I have a 97 GTS with adjustable front shocks. Don't know what brand as I bought the car that way.

F4PHANTOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either leaking shock or brake and either assembly may also be loose and causing the rattle. Get the car on a lift and get it checked out ASAP. Could be an unsafe situation.

OP
OP
W

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either leaking shock or brake and either assembly may also be loose and causing the rattle. Get the car on a lift and get it checked out ASAP. Could be an unsafe situation.

I'm pretty confident it's not the brakes... when I go over a small bump real slow, I can hear the sound correspond to the motion of the car. If it was truely something "loose" it probably wouldnt make any sound at all if I'm going slow, but then again, I'm no mechanic.

If it is a leaking shock... how safe is it to drive to my Vipertech?

F4PHANTOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be O.K. to drive to your Tech. Take it easy...no triple digit blasts!:nono:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth