Hahah... good story for a laugh!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I accompanied my parents last week to go look at an LHS for my mother. While there, I was talking Vipers with the salesgimp. They were hot to try to sell a Viper to a certificate holder, and although I will be buying through Woodhouse, they insisted that I allow their manager to call to give me a "better deal".

He just called.

They are "accepting certificate holders" and will be pricing the cars "at a later date" and will write a contract for "fair market value". I said ANYONE putting $$'s down would need a firm number, and after some pressuring, he said they were going to be selling 2003 SRT's to certificate holders for..... ready for this?

$20,000 OVER MSRP!

He said I should get in line now to partake in this special deal, because once SRT's start selling to the public, the price will probably be more like $50,000 over MSRP.

WHAT A GREAT DEALER!!! This is Herb Chambers Dodge in Danvers, MA. They also claim that Fitzgerald Motorsports has gone out of business due to a lot of "bum deals" and that they had to take Fitz's entire stock of Vipers off their hands due to this. Now, Dan Fitzgerald is a member of our local Viper club, and I know this to be entirely BS.

The moral of the story? Just to back up what Steve Ferguson said earlier - deal with someone good who will look after you and who supports the club, even if you end up paying a few bucks more (but still well below MSRP!).

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
heh, I hope so, they do my service
smile.gif

Mike, so you going to jump on that deal huh? hehehehe

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cherm,

Yes, Fitz is still in business. I talked to a guy there recently about the extended warranty on my '98. I had a less than ideal experience at Fitz before, so I would never buy a car there, but the line from the guys at Herb Chambers was total BS.

Don,

I dunno... $20k over is a hell of a deal.. I mean, I just have money overflowing in my pockets and I need SOMEONE to give it to, right? hehe..

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMcGuire,

Well, I would, however I think they are going to go with a BMW instead. Also, alot of people don't see the value in dealing with a GOOD dealer even if you need to go out of state. My father bought a 300M last year, and I told him to just pick up the phone, wire Bob W. the money, and the car would be there in short order. He went local, paid more, didn't get all the options he wanted, and paid WAY too much for an extended warranty.. but it's his money I guess!
smile.gif

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

Thanks for that story! In what has been a very hectic and demanding day, that was very welcome comic relief. The best (actually only) laugh all day!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave