Hard Top for the 2003-2005 SRT

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Har Top for the 2003-2005 SRT

It looks great in the pictures...Like you I'm wondering about the fit...leaks ? AND HOW EASY TO PUT ON AND TAKE OFF ? $$$$

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JonB was offering a possible group-buy prior to Xmas.

Several of us were considering buying the roof (or Vmania's equivalent) but when the Coupe was forthcoming, we all stopped to see what was being released by the factory.

VENOMUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I have seen other hardtops that have a vent on the top. Those are the best looking ones that I have seen so far. Does anyone know whose tops those are? You see them on the track cars mostly.

Thanks,

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Here is my Vipermania top

181Vipermania_Top_003.jpg

181Vipermania_Top_002-med.jpg

More in my gallery

PS Biff is also one of the best vendors to work with!

Brad

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Autoform also makes hard tops. I'm shopping for one now. If you go to the "Events and Gatherings" section and look at the Buttonwillow pictures, my car is the Black SRT-10 with "loaner" hard top (scoop in front).

The fit is "OK". It takes two people to put on because it's a bit hard to handle, though not too heavy. It's a bit creaky on the street, less so on the track. This one was a loaner, so it may not have been well treated (think rental car).

We got caught in the rain that weekend and I was afraid of leaks too, but it didn't leak and was quieter on the freeway back to the hotel than my soft top. It also gives you a bit more headroom than the soft top, I'd say about one inch. This will help the taller guys when wearing helmets.

Brad was at Buttonwillow too, so I got a look at the Vipermania top and have spoken with Biff.

I'll probably order the Autoform top without the non-funtional scoop because I like the looks better, but this is just my semi-informed opinion.

Biff Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pictures of our Hardtop without the Scoop are available at www.vipermania.com, click onto the Viper Marketplace icon to view them. We'll also be posting pictures of our New SRT Rear Wing later this week...

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The silver hard top that is pictured on the link for Parts Rack is on my car. That top (Autoform part) has been on the car for a year now and I have not had ANY trouble at all with the top. It is a great looking product and the quality and performance is beyond comparison. That is why it is the only approved hard top for use at Viper Days events.

It does take two people to take it off and put back on. That being said one person can do it if necessary (your wife is not around and it's a beautiful day)but it is a handfull to deal with by yourself. I have not had any problems with leaks or squeaks. The tops that Viper Days has available for SRT10 owners at the track are not intended to be representative of the quality that the end customer will recieve. They are intended to be rental units and nothing more.

Any one that has any questions about the Autoform hard top is welcome to send me a PM and I will be happy to give you an unbiasised opinion about all of their product offerings and show you many other pictures showing the hard top from various angles and from out on the race track.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Metalcrafters has backed away from the retail viper aftermarket. I agree, these were fantastic looking tops. I spoke to a metalcrafters employee at a ViperClub meet. He said the company was moving in another direction.

VENOMUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I order the new Autoform hardtop from Jon B. yesterday. They changed the scoop on it and made it more pronounced. The pictures Jon sent me look good from the front but I am conserned about the look from the back. I should have the top in a few week and will let everyone know how it turns out.

If some can explain to me how to post some pictures, I will also do that. Thanks

OP
OP
D

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lots of good info guys. Thanks :2tu:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

I too just ordered the Autoform top. Should be here in a couple of weeks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave