has anybody used these mats?

rt/10stew

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am looking for an alternative to carpet floor mats as mine never seem to stay in place and I do not want wear spots on my carpet. I found these aluminum floor mats on ebay (item # 280273510828) and although I hate the look of the shiny mat I figured if they solve my issue I could just get them powder coated black. So has anybody purchased these ?

thanks Stew

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No.................. really?! April Fools was about 3 weeks ago, you're a bit late...............................

Really?! :eek:

OP
OP
R

rt/10stew

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes really. Please give me another option that will not bunch up under my feet and I will buy them. PLEASE tell me.

Thanks Stew

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont even have to look at the ebay ad to know you've selected the diamond plate steel floor mats... Uhhh no sir!!!:nono: I dont use one on my driver's side. I dont wanna run the risk of it gettin pushed up under the pedals. The pass side is usually empty so the standard sneaky pete black mat is over there. Do some searching youll find a decent pair of "fabric" mats out there.

:usa:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dave I had not thought of that. I will give that a try.

thanks Stew

Just take a scratch awl or other similar sharp object and puncture a hole in the mat for the tie. I don't use mats but I've seen pics of it done. Can't even tell unless you juice it up with some of them Pep Boys neon ties.

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used to use these mats in my C5 for car shows. They looked pretty good. I would not recommend them for driving. I would not recommend them in a Viper either. Do what Dave said and zip tie them to the seat rail. Mine have been zipper for almost a year and zero problems. I change out the zip ties every detail.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a lot of options out there. USSpeed, NorthCal, Snake Oyl. I have the US speed and they never move. I've also tried the zip tie thing. I didn't like it so I eventually broke down and got a new pair.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth