Have they done this for the Viper?

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea but ours has a big RED BUTTON :nana: That looked freaking awsome the transformation into the batmobile. I would like to see the a 1000+hp TT snake do that.

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Veyron is by no means slow! It is one serious SuperCar. It is strange that it has 4 turbos, 16 Cylinders, & TEN yes 10 radiators.

Next week the company SSC is going to try to beat the Veryron's Top Speed. They will attempt to reach 273mph! This is using a C5R block if I am not mistake using twin turbos. I believe the test is due for Wed March, 21, 2007. I forget where it will be, but I will be looking for results later next week. It should be an awesome accomplishment for SSC if they can pull it off. I don't have any doubts!

Jason

Info on date of test and specs on car

SSC Aero Site

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it was the same guy that did a show on the viper once. He joked that the car was made from old truck engine parts, it was pretty funny. He ragged the crap out a viper.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great production video, I love his shows. But remember this is the same production show that had the M3 (z version) neck and neck with the Viper.

Horsepower wise not terribly impressive, but an awesome car none the less. Who can't make 1001 horsepower with 16 cylinders and four turbos. It is basically four VW 1.8L turbo charged engines (or really two W8s). The real feat is keep the car from overheating with a tiny grill like that.

The concept is awesome but the car really is quite ugly.

OP
OP
S

Sgt Rock

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To me the amazing part is the stability of the car at those speeds. "50 minutes left on the tires and 12 minutes of gas" "Using more air in a 1 sec then I breathe in 4 days" (SIC)

A TT 1000HP Viper I would guess would have some drift issues at those kind of speeds.

I agree lets look forward to the 2010 and see what we can expect to accomplish then with the snake.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From what I understand, the real engineering challenge was making the car stable at those speeds, especially since there are no wind tunnels capable of simulating 250+ mph. Generating enough HP was comparatively easy.

Props to Bugatti for creating such an amazing machine. We all benefit in the end from the technological advancements that projects like that generate.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the tool but don’t have the balls... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Seriously, there are TT Vipers out there pushing 1200 – 1500 RWHP (1400 – 1760 HP) but aerodynamics will be a major factor in hitting 250 + mph.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Seriously, there are TT Vipers out there pushing 1200 – 1500 RWHP (1400 – 1760 HP) but aerodynamics will be a major factor in hitting 250 + mph.

Even if you had the balls, where would you be able to do a 250+ mph road test? The VW test track has a 5.5 mile straight away and I bet they needed just about all of it. The Bonneville Salt Flats is about the only place that I could think of, but that isn't really a road.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Veyron is by no means slow! It is one serious SuperCar. It is strange that it has 4 turbos, 16 Cylinders, & TEN yes 10 radiators.

Next week the company SSC is going to try to beat the Veryron's Top Speed. They will attempt to reach 273mph! This is using a C5R block if I am not mistake using twin turbos. I believe the test is due for Wed March, 21, 2007. I forget where it will be, but I will be looking for results later next week. It should be an awesome accomplishment for SSC if they can pull it off. I don't have any doubts!

Jason

Info on date of test and specs on car

SSC Aero Site

Sorry SSC! They Veyron maybe ugly but it is still the speed god! :headbang:
link

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Even if you had the balls, where would you be able to do a 250+ mph road test? The VW test track has a 5.5 mile straight away and I bet they needed just about all of it. The Bonneville Salt Flats is about the only place that I could think of, but that isn't really a road.

You obviously have never been to Saskatchewan Canada. I could drive 250 mph for 1/2 hour at a time. We have nothing but long straight roads and flat ground and no traffic.lol... I live in top speed paradise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper