HD Vid walk-around & pics from 5-20-2012 Fair Oaks Event

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was an awesome event. Ralph was great, a real car guy for sure. Talked about the 6 cars they've built so far, all 'engineering cars'. They're going to do a run of 100 soon. He said they have to log 1 million miles on them before going full bore. He said the pic on Forza is a real ex of the stripes, they decided to go wider on the stripes, thankfully. We should see many combos soon. He said the SRT hood is very agressive, with 6 openings, each larger than the ones on the GTS. Talked about the ordering offering a lot of customization.

He pointed out the carbon hood, roof, and rear deck lid. He also said the car is as wide as it legally can be, if it were any wider they would have to add side marker lights like on a truck.

I loved the car. I know every opinion and taste is different, but man I just don't know how anyone could like a Gen2 & not like this car. It's 80%+ Gen2, hourglass body style & curve, etc.

Here's a vid walking around the car, I recommend choosing a HD quality level for a better look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cneCcvgxn3g

Some pics:

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few more pics. I took so many it's ridiculous, lol, but here are a few more.

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK this is it ...

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome pics and vid. Curious about this though "He also said the car is as wide as it legally can be, if it were any wider they would have to add side marker lights like on a truck."

New Viper is 76" wide. The Murcielago is over 80", so is the Enzo, and quite a few other exotics. Do they have the sidemarkers too?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I think that the Gen5 looks better than the Gen2 GTS. It's the high-water mark for Viper design.

Looks is probably my number 1 consideration in how a car strikes me, and performance a close second. For example, I pretty much just dislike the Gumpert Apollo, despite is scorching performance.

"Don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that swing!"

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome pics and vid. Curious about this though "He also said the car is as wide as it legally can be, if it were any wider they would have to add side marker lights like on a truck."

New Viper is 76" wide. The Murcielago is over 80", so is the Enzo, and quite a few other exotics. Do they have the sidemarkers too?

I don't know, he said this during one of the interviews he was giving. But both those cars body design is from like 8-10 yrs ago. Like all the stability & ABS & rearview camera stuff, maybe the requirements have changed ... but it's close to an exact quote, "we made it as wide as we're allowed to, if we made it any wider they would require us to put side marker lights on it." FWIW.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R