HEAD GASKET UPDATE, Gen-1 Guys Look Here!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
UPDATE!!!

Ok, here is what is happening:

-Gaskets will begin shipping at the end of the month.

-Pre-Ordering will end on OCTOBER 15th, after which time the pre-ordering price will expire.

-Credit Cards for Pre-Orders will be charged on OCTOBER 16th.

I cant stress this enough guys, the normal retail price of these gaskets after the 15th will be MUCH HIGHER than the pre-ordering price!!! Stock pile these if you plan on keeping your car!

GET YOUR ORDERS IN NOW!!!

And to all of the fellow Vendors out there who havent jumped at this, get off your rear end and make a move, it isnt coming around again! For the sake of a "warranty repair" alone if one comes through your shop, do you really want to be paying double or quadruple for a set of gaskets out of your own pocket?

Last edited:

emo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received an email comfirming my order, thanks for making this happen!!!!

:2tu:

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I"ll be getting an extra set as well...just in case I get an another Gen 1 or want to do any mods later. $250 a set is an awesome price!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered, but I couldn't get more than one. I wasn't sure what size to use. I am having the block checked out this week.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I ordered, but I couldn't get more than one. I wasn't sure what size to use. I am having the block checked out this week.

I'll update your order to (2) when it goes through. The gaskets supplied in "OEM Copy" sizes will be usable on bores up to 4.030

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

There is only a few days left on this, just want to amke sure no one misses the boat!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Daniel,
I may have already asked this, but on the set I ordered, if I have to go .030 from stock, can they still be used?

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Daniel,
I may have already asked this, but on the set I ordered, if I have to go .030 from stock, can they still be used?

.030 overbore? as in a 4.030 engine bore size? Yes, they could still be used. But, if you are 100% certain of this bore size, you may as well order the gaskets as a 4.030 rather than a 4.020 engine bore. Either will work, but the latter will just fit a tad better... splitting hairs either way. Literally.

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dan,
So exactly what should we be ordering to duplicate stock? 4.02x.051?
From the description, you'll then add .01 to the bore to take it to 4.03, and that is what will be shipped?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.030 overbore? as in a 4.030 engine bore size? Yes, they could still be used. But, if you are 100% certain of this bore size, you may as well order the gaskets as a 4.030 rather than a 4.020 engine bore. Either will work, but the latter will just fit a tad better... splitting hairs either way. Literally.

Thats the thing, I am not positive if i will have to go .030 or stay std. So another question is if I get teh gasket at 4.030 could I still use it on a standard bore? I might just get two complete sets, might be better to do that anyway. Can I get a bigger discount if I buy in bulk? :D

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Dan,
So exactly what should we be ordering to duplicate stock? 4.02x.051?
From the description, you'll then add .01 to the bore to take it to 4.03, and that is what will be shipped?

Yes, order 4.02x.051 to duplicate a stock gasket. Actual gasket bore will be 4.030.

OEM gasket sizes are designed for use on 4.000-4.030 engine bores.

After this is over, I think I am going to reconfigure the website to accept actual gasket bore, and just list a set of guidelines for ordering on the pages instead, it may eliminate some confusion, especially when people see the Sales Order/Invoices come through and gaskets show up with the gasket bore size listed on them, not what they technically selected on the website.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thats the thing, I am not positive if i will have to go .030 or stay std. So another question is if I get teh gasket at 4.030 could I still use it on a standard bore? I might just get two complete sets, might be better to do that anyway. Can I get a bigger discount if I buy in bulk? :D

Yes, the "OEM Copy" gasket, ordered as 4.020x.051 [actual gasket size 4.030x.051] can be used on bores of 4.000-4.030 without a problem, and could really even be used on a 4.040-4.050 so long as the piston does not come above deck [IE; OEM rod/piston/crank]

mangle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm considering doing this as I'm still running original gaskets. How much will I change compression if I go down in thickness? Anything else I should be concerned with?

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm considering doing this as I'm still running original gaskets. How much will I change compression if I go down in thickness? Anything else I should be concerned with?

At a close to stock configuration, each .010 of head gasket thickness is roughly equivalent to 0.2:1 of static compression. The only possible "downside" would be the need to cut down the intake side of the head so that the manifold bolts will line up correctly. You would have no problem dropping .010, but dropping .020 may pose a fitment issue. Realistically, if you are pulling the heads off anyway, you should probably have them resurfaced to begin with, so its not a big deal either way.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
having issues gettin to the site...do you have an order form you could email me? [email protected]

Thanks,

Hmm... everything seems to be working fine on my end. Try once more?

If you would like, you can also e-mail me your info to [email protected]. [Name, Shipping, Billing, Phone, E-mail, VCA Number if applicable, and what you would like to order]

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Pre-Orders are now technically over! I will leave the website alone until sometime tomorrow just in case anyone has any last minute "Oh Crap I forgot!" moments... but when I change it over around Noon, thats all she wrote!

Everyong who placed an order [except dansauto, coming soon!] should have recieved their Sales Order by now. If you havent, please send me a PM with your info so I can make sure you are on the list!

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

We are still waiting on gaskets. We received the prototype in hand early this week, but there was one small issue with the gasket that we are having corrected for the final run, basically related to the way they are formed by the specific machine that produces them, and its relation so the profile and fit when laying on the head w/dowels. As it was, this required a slight change in tooling which is underway right now.

We were originally going to be picking up the gaskets tomorrow, though now it is looking like Tuesday. Gaskets will begin shipping the very next day after we get them in hand- we are sorry for the delays and dont want to hold anyone up a moment longer than is needed!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4