Heads? GTSr

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got a GTSr engine :cool: . I have some questions about the engine and stock heads. I am thinking of using the GTSr heads on my street engine. What are the specs on the stock heads compared to the GTSr? My other option is to build the GTSr engine for street use. I am looking to find the wiring harness for the GTSr using a Motec ECU. From what I understand this is a Caldwell Development or Oreca Engine.

If anyone has any info on these engines please let me know.

I will also be looking for a Motec 800 series, Tilton bell housing assembly and clutch if anyone has one.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a search, reportedly, the gtsr heads do not produce any discernable increase in hp or torque over the stock ones, if you just bolt them on. You must have them "worked" to truly see the benefits of those heads. I believe you can find the post in the performance section of this forum.

Jon

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume the heads on your engine are the same as the GTS-R heads available through Mopar Performance Parts. The limited info I've been able to find on them says: Port volumes are 269cc intake and 76cc exhaust which is more than the "Street Performance" heads. The combustion chamber is 64cc which is less than stock and less than the street performance heads and has the effect of raising compression. To what, I don't know. Also, GTS-R heads come with Beryllium copper valve seats and Magnesium bronze valve guides.

I have not been able to find any info from Dodge as to claimed hp gains, if any. Please let us know if you find any additional info on these as I've been kicking around doing a heads and cam package on my car.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about selling the motor and using the cash to mod your stock heads? Parts swapping between a roadrace motor and a streetride will probably not give the results one might think.

Let's hear more about the motor. How did you come by it?

OP
OP
C

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I should have some pics of the engine soon. I think I am going to just build a full race car. My plans are not final yet though. I have an ACR that I bought a few years ago with plans to race it but I have not had a chance yet. I was in the reserves and got recalled for 2.5 years. I just got back last May. So I had to build back my cash reserves before I could start doing stuff again. I hope I have it on the track late this year and start racing it in 2006.

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rcdice has done a good job describing the GTSR heads. I had a chance to flow the stock CNC GTSR heads vs. the stock Viper heads. The plot below shows the result. The heads really don't flow much better than stock except at high valve lift.

I plan to pull the heads this summer and have them ported. I will show the flow characteristics then.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
C

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[image]http://gallery.viperclub.org/showphoto.php/photo/12336/sort/1/cat/500/page/1[/image]

Here is one pic