Heater/AC blower motor

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tried searching on this but found nothing.
Does anyone know how to increase the air output on a gen 2.
Perhaps a mod or swap out out with another unit?

Also how do I fix the air changing to the floor outlet while under acceleration, isn't thgere a one way valve to stop this somewhere in the line?

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a part at Dave's Big Brakes site that fixes the vacuum problem under WOT that lets the air go to the floor. Of course with the recent passing of Dave any orders to that business may be delayed as the family has other priorities at this immediate time. Nonetheless, that is the part you need.

On the blower, mine ***** too. There's one on ebay right now I might snag and get "customized" some day. Turbocharge that thang. :rolaugh:

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might also want to investigate where the air path is and see if all the cheesy (I mean cheesy, like hole-y pourous foam) gaskets are in place. Plastic ducts may be misaligned, too. Recently had my dash off and noticed several 80% effective connections.

cornfish

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would love to know if you can get a different unit as well. The air isn't even powerful enough to reach my face (since I sit all the way back.)

Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to know if you can get a different unit as well. The air isn't even powerful enough to reach my face (since I sit all the way back.)

x2, if anybody has a fix for this im in!

OP
OP
K

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys.
I am going to investigate somehow upgrading the speed of the fan unit.

I did another mod a long time ago which I found helps.
As you know the plastic airbox is right next to the headers/exhaust.
I got a 2mm piece of aluminium plate and covered it in heat shield material, using rivets and oversize washers to attach the sheilding to the plate. There are two small (about M8) bolts on the side of the plastic airbox, on the exhaust side of the box, that are used to secure the base of the airbox. I used these for mounting of this plate. Basically what it does is stop the radiant heat from the engine/exhaust hitting the airbox, therefore not preheating the outside air as it enters the unit. Obviously the cooler your intake air the better. My buddy and I had the car apart for other mods, came up with the idea and decided to give it a go, and built it on the fly. It ended up being very neat and tidy and you would not know it was there unless you were looking for it. I tried to take some pics to post here but it is hard to see because it is a very tight space in there. If anyone thinks some pics would help, I can post them.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. Pics please. :D

But I don't know with me killer header heat shields (custom by me) that any more shielding would do anything. But lemme see what you did.

I'm gonna get another blower motor and start doing electromagnetic experiments. See you on the other side!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235