Hello Ohio! (pics)

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello to everyone in Ohio. I finally got tired of the rat race in S. Florida, not to mention they do not speak English down there any more, so I picked up the family and moved to the peace and quiet. No more sirens every 15 minutes, police helicopters flying overhead two times a night, no more drunken Spanish kareoke at 1:00 a.m. from the neighbors...........nothing but crickets chirping at night.
I now have 47 acres all to myself in North Eastern Ohio, along with a 2000' grass runway, 45' x 60' hangar/workshop, and did I mention peace and quiet?

If anyone is interested, I am open to arranging a fall cruise/get together in October through the country during peak fall foliage, maybe to Nelson's ledges or through Amish country south of Dalton, finishing with a bonfire at my home. Any Takers? I have parking for hundreds of cars!

Here are a few pics I took this evening in the hangar, now I need an airplane!

4780PICT0007.JPG

4780PICT0026.JPG

4780PICT0011.JPG

4780PICT0027.JPG

Firewater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings from another pilot :2tu:

I can't wait until I can get into one of those fly-in communities. Love the hangar :laugh:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another pilot here, nice move. But as a guy who spent half his life in Michigan I have one four letter word for you.......SNOW. You need to trade in those jet skis for snowmobiles, tons of fun with the land you have.

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey blue...

if you make the cruise a little closer to columbus i'll join ya for a bit, them peal off...but ne ohio is quite a hike from here!!!

let me know

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh-COLUMBUS area, and I am in too.

there's a lotta country roads we can get lost on outside of town, some amish country (Roscoe Village area) that's great for cruisin' too

nice garage, love the floor

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome to the snowbelt. Think of it this way, you'll save mileage on your viper, cause there is only viper weather for like 1 month out of the year there. I remember it snowing 2 feet at the end of april a couple of years ago. Good luck..nice garage though.

crossram440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey nice setup! I would be up for a nice get together. I am a new owner ..Only 1 week now with my 97 GTS... and would like to meet with other Ohio enthusiasts. You might be interested in a couple pictures I have. I have a nice shot of about 10 Indy pace trucks parked in front of my local Dodge dealer all in a row when they were first delivered new.

OP
OP
B

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments guys and girl!

Crossram, you can send the pics you have to [email protected], THANKS!

I actually think I will drive my Viper more up here in Ohio, yes it will be parked 4 or 5 months out of the year, but the winding country roads with elevation changes makes the driving experience more enjoyable. The roads in S. Florida are all straight and flat and full of traffic and stoplights every half mile. Before I moved, I was actually thinking of selling the car due to the fact that it was just so boring driving around down there. I hardly drove the car in the summer with the afternoon rain showers that came every day.

Bonkers, I am in love with the way your car turned out! :2tu: It is welcome to visit my garage any time!

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You might check out Cuyahoga National Park, when you get a chance. It has plenty of two lane windy roads with no traffic and really scenic views. Take 90 W to 275 S and its a few miles off of Rt. 8 in Cuyahoga Falls.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your move. Did you get a new job also? You always can tell a true car guy when he gets a new house and takes pics of the huge garage. Very Nice GTS and truck isn't too bad either. :2tu:

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue Pilot:

where exactly are your digs? Would you be interested in the Viper Vette drags on the last Saturday of the month, National Trailways (Columbus). A couple of us will be going down from Cleveland on Friday night.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You might check out Cuyahoga National Park, when you get a chance. It has plenty of two lane windy roads with no traffic and really scenic views. Take 90 W to 275 S and its a few miles off of Rt. 8 in Cuyahoga Falls.

My favorite run. :2tu:

There are a few of us around, where are you located?

crossram440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jack B. Looks like the last weekend at Trails is a three day Street Car Nationals event, is there an event within the event with the Corvettes and Vipers? There is no information on the National Trail Website about this. Only a listing of the show and no details. If a few of you are going , I will try to make it there on Sat.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take a look at this link:

http://www.racesupercars.com/

The format is qualifying in the early afternoon, with heads-up racing around 6:00 PM.

If you have a stock car with street tires you would be in the 12.5 class. You didn't mention what area you are from.

OP
OP
B

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jack, thanks for the invite. I will have to look at my schedule, my kids sports schedule, etc.

I am in North Benton which is East of Alliance. I have Berlin Lake right across the street from me, as my house is near RT.14 and RT. 224.

OSU-Jay, I met you down in Fl. when you bought Bruce's car. Is there anything going on in Canton coming up? I am sure I will see you soon.

Crossram, thanks for the pics!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pictures. Those looks VERY clean and the "estate" sounds amazing. I would love to drive on that 2000 run way if it was paved. I could see lots of fun being had there.

S

SUN RA KAT

Welcome to Ohio!

You will find the changing seasons a lot more interesting than the Florida climate and will apreciate nice driving weather more.

The Ohio Viper Club does lots of fun activities and we'd like you to join us.

I hope to be getting my Viper back before the cold weather sets in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth