Help a Brother out?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe talk with Bernie at BJMotors. I believe you're far enough below market at this point that a dealer may give you your asking price.

I agree, it's mind-boggling that the car is still around. Maybe with winter coming for the northern states, people there aren't shopping for verts.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
??????????? WOW! Honestly at that price you should just put the car on EBAY and it will be GONE. No question in my mind...if you put no reserve you would HAVE to end above $40k. UNREAL

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not a very good sign for used Viper sales if you can't sell that car at 42K, it's worth it and more. I hope it's just the time of year and not a trend.

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan, that's an awesome deal! Wish you'd been selling at that price back in May when I bought mine, I would have certainly taken yours instead. Anyway bump for those in the market for buying.

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guessed it Dave. Got a screamin deal in the works on a prime piece of commercial office space (14000 sq/ft bldg) at $92.86 a sq/ft when everything around it is going for $120-150 a sq/ft. It's 1.3 million so I'm scraping up the change.

I really enjoyed the car over the summer and spent some time really tweaking the maintenance on it, she won't need anything for another 7500 miles, fluid wise etc...

I'll buy another but for now the deal in the real estate is dictating I let the dream machine go. (for now)

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan,

I have sold two vipers for some friends of mine. They sold pretty quickly too and top dollar also.

1. I did a website with a full write up and pictures to show the detail of care.

2. Made a link on autotrader.com, forum and so on. I think this really helped in getting the Viper to stand out amongst other vipers.

I bet you will get better results that way.

2000gtsgsxr1000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it has become hostile but then again it gets that way on here also.Let us know on your next buy.I sold my commercial and find it hard to get one to flow now days with all the strips going up.Maybe office space is the way to go. I'm car and bike busy right now but I still keep a eye open for deals.That car is a deal.

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhh! It's a said day my friends. My Red 98 RT/10 Drove away today for $38,500. I'll definitely get another one before they bury my bones. I have really enjoyed all the outstanding people here who are always willing to help when they can. It's a special club here and I really want to say thanks to everyone until I'm back behind another Vipers controls.

In 3 words: What a Rush!

I'll be back! (I Love These cars!)

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan, you gave someone a great deal on your car. But I understand real estate. I'm real estate rich (post offices), cash poor. And if the right deal came around, I'd sell the 96 in a blink of the eye knowing the one I sell will get me 2-3 in return. Toys (cars & women) come and go but killer real estate deals are once in a lifetime.....till the next once in a lifetime deal rolls around. Congratulations on your real estate success and see you back here soon.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEH, Dan don't feel bad my 99RT is for sale too at 39,500 and no bites. I see my ad but can't find yours in the 98RT, what's up?? Mines been on a couple weeks. They're all scared of Alaska car which is stored 7 months a year and in great shape. Not try'n to rob post but Too funny!! :)

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Dan, it was nice meeting you! Rick and I had a pretty smooth trip back. I think he got a very nice car for the money. She never missed a beat all the way back to IL. Hope your gym works out for you. Take care and come back soon!

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff AKA idoc7 above really knows his cars, found every flaw which weren't many or much to speak of. The car calls Illinois home now so it will be getting some rest in the winter months and continue to have low miles for the foreseeable future. Rick is the new owner and his wife is definitely aiming to drive the snake, they're both motor-heads so the car got the right home.

Again, everyone here is in my book the cream of the crop as far as car enthusiasts go, I have never met a better crowd or enjoyed the company more.

I'll be back next time supercharged! Comfortable enough now to take a step up on the next one. Thanks everyone! Dan

P.S. RAYSIR: I took the Ad down once she was gone. Hate to false advertise.

Gerald, indeed the real estate is my passion, as far as the girls coming and going, I'd have to say the wife of 10 years isn't going anywhere soon, otherwise my assets would go with her, cheaper to keep'em as we get older. Heh Heh Heh (Doesn't hurt She's still 110lbs and platinum blond) :nana: