Help,Gen II opening door problem

black tower

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sulbiate in italy close to como lake and Bellagio
I need Your help/advise how to open the car door of my GTS 2000 (gen II )as my remote keyless transmitter is lost.I locked the car and now I cannot find a way to open mechanically.
I know how to disarm the anti-theft ( located in the top part of the storage bin) using my second key.
I read in the forum but, and please excuse, I did not find any solution.
In few posts people mentioned an <hole under the driver door> while others <under the driver mirror>....I feel stupid:omg:
Thanks for Your support
blacktower[/SIZE]

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
open the rear hatch.
stand on the drivers side
reach in thru the corner of the hatch (nearest the roof) in towards the left side of drivers seat
slide your hand up the door stanchion (behind the shiny part where the door popper is)
there will be a latch you can pull down on and the door will pop open.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your time looking for the keyhole under and slightly forward of the driver's side mirror...that feature is only found on Gen III and Gen IV Vipers.

OP
OP
B

black tower

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks both for your prompt reply and attention.
Nevertheless I cannot solve my proble as once the car is blocked I do not find any possibility to open the rear hatch ( it was possible with the RT10) but not with the coupé like mine
I have quite a lot of experience with car but this is the first experience which make feel real an ....idiot!!
Thanks and regards from Italy,
ciao chevyc5ls1
PS: except for this stupid inconvenient I'm very much happy with my Viper GTS which replace my former Corvette c5z06: a different world :drive:.I have been for years a Corvette funs & owners ( c3/c5) but even if tempetd by the new Z06 I should not change anymore.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok......

put your second key in right hand (this would be the same key as first, just not lost)
walk to rear of car
next to the rear license plate on right side is a black keyhole
insert key
turn key to left about 1/4 of the way
rear glass should open

see directions above

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
open the rear hatch.
stand on the drivers side
reach in thru the corner of the hatch (nearest the roof) in towards the left side of drivers seat
slide your hand up the door stanchion (behind the shiny part where the door popper is)
there will be a latch you can pull down on and the door will pop open.

Aprire la covata posteriore. Stare in piedi sugli autisti la portata laterale in attraverso l'angolo della covata (più vicino il tetto) in verso
il lato sinistro di autisti siede la diapositiva la sua mano sullo stanchion di porta (dietro la parte scintillante dove il bottone automatico di
porta è) ci sarà una serratura che lei può buttare giù su e la porta scoppierà aperto.

Lets see if that helps....:D

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I think many of us forgot that you may have the wide rear plate!!

You might have to use some spray lube in the lock since you have not been using it all these years.

Good luck !!

OP
OP
B

black tower

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks everybody...I realise it could seems stupid but I was becoming crazy... even if probably not real normal to think a key lock could be behind the plate..... it was my mistake, I should check more carefully...
Thanks for Your suppport
Black Tower

Attachments

• Paolo GranSanBernardo 1 23May 09.jpg
    Paolo GranSanBernardo 1 23May 09.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 36

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey black tower

nice posts and pic - car looks clean, what color interior?

no one thinks your question is stupid, you are not the 1st with exactly the same problem regarding keys, and you are excused because of the euro plate

what is the reaction in italy to your viper?

peace

OP
OP
B

black tower

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank very much for Your understanding and support which I was confident to get from this qualified Forum.
This is an aspect of my problem in Italy: Viper community doesn't exist opposite to Corvette which has got several clubs,dodge dealers are mainly <basic> seller without concrete any solid knowledge about ( what's shall happen now since Fiat took over ?? Here there are rumours they shall equipped the new Viper with a 4.2 liter Ferrari engine...If it's true it should be the end of a dream..).So far I have to learn my self about the car and I subscribe this Forum, bought several pubblication,book and manual etc. As my cars do not stay stock for long,doing and following good part of the job myself supported by a friend, info are really important.
I got very useful support from Sean ( Roe Racing) when I did some modification to the suspension then also modified brakes, full exhaust,air induction, and all recalibrated by STC (software provided by Roe Racing)
Now the car is performing really smoothly and drivability it's at top both on road as on track.
Answering Your question, peaople are quite affascinated by the design and personality of GTS, really impressed by sound and engine performance, but considering we are sorrounded by top German ( Porsche-Audi-Bmw) and Italian ( Ferrari-Lamborghini-Maserati-Zonda) it is not common to see many around!!
Next Saturday I'll be at Monza Circuit for a Speed Day Session and looking at the registartion list ( 75 partecipants) till now I'm the sole Dodge Viper Driver:no problem to me as I voluntary and deliberately choosen the GTS as my dreamed car, being very happy for my choice:D
Thanks a lot for kind attention,
ciao
paolo alias black tower
Ps: enclosed few pictures

Attachments

• Pilot cockpit ViperGts 2000.jpg
    Pilot cockpit ViperGts 2000.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Dischi freni EBS Viper.jpg
    Dischi freni EBS Viper.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Viper & Abarth_1.jpg