Help ID'ing make on my old cat-back system - pic

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealer told me car had a Belanger cat-back. Starting to doubt that was correct. Trivial now as I'm not using it anymore, but need to know what it is to send it to a new home.

It looks like it had rear mufflers which were deleted.

Everything is non-magnetic, suggesting stainless steel, except for the muffler delete tubes which are magnetic.

You must be registered for see images

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GotBoost may be inplying that its just a stock cat back with a muffler delete. Ifthats the case, I disagree, though I have no idea what cat back it could be....

<end of non help>

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the point they're trying to make is that it isn't a "system", it's just a home-brewed setup with some fancy tips from a lowrider catalog.

GotBoost may be inplying that its just a stock cat back with a muffler delete. Ifthats the case, I disagree, though I have no idea what cat back it could be....

<end of non help>

Wow again.

I can't believe that what I and at least one other thinks is a Corsa system is from a lowrider catalog. I mean, you are a trip Johann.

And *** is a stock cat-back? That's the whole idea of a cat-back. It ain't stock.

You know, quite honestly I could give the back side of a cow what it is, as my new all Belanger system is complete and sweet. But to look at a pic of a "system" that is kind of leaning toward Corsa, and every reply but one is it's a home brew redneck installation? Where ya'll from, huh?

IT'S FREAKING STAINLESS STEEL OK?

Lowrider catalog... Bzzt
Redneck remodel... Bzzt
Corsa... Maybe
B&B... Maybe

Gotta run to the beer store. This is parching my throat.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is not a stock system. Those are not stock resonators, it has a reducer for one thing besides not looking like a stock resonator. That rear section looks like someone decided to remove the rear mufflers on an after market system. So my guess is Corsa or Belanger.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thinks it's Bubba's Cat Back system! :D

Tips look like an old Borla/mopar setup, but then again, it might be corsa. Who knows. Go enjoy your new setup! :D :D

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks a lot like scrap metal now. Just kidding. I see no distigushing marks, so I will not guess because I would probably be wrong. Beside, I'm just a Poser anyway... Have fun with your new system. :)

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was Corsa Frankenstein in the garage with a wrench.
My other clue is who did you purchase from? Any ideas on where previous owner is?

Previous owner is a car dealer, although since paying cash for the vehicle I did get the title stating a person as such.

Whew.

Thanks for the few constructive replies.

I think I'll take the rest of the suggestions and merge them with a '43 rust bucket pickup truck I see every day on the way in to work.

Imagine what a lowrider catalog "system" will look like on that baby when I finally get her off the cinder blocks.

Out of beer again. Crap.

Anybody seen my torch?

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that the tips look like Borla.

Maybe Corsa: RT10-GTS

I think you should hook it back up and let me listen to it...

Cherry Bombs? You should go Purple Hornies instead, or whatever Manny, Moe, and Jack have on special this week.

P.S. I like the new side exhaust setup you are doing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth