Help.....missing clips on stock airbox

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Today I went to install my K&N air filters and I noticed the 4 clips were missing from the bottom of the stock airbox............not good. So I pick up the phone and call up the local dodge dealer, and much to my dismay, he proceeds to tell me that they do not sell the clips separate. If I want clips I have to buy a whole new airbox?????????????????
Does anyone have any spare clips laying around or know where I can get some?
I need 4 of them.

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Your local Chevy dealer has the answer. the clips are just like the ones on '98 Chevy Tahoe. stop by local Chevy dealer and buy part number 25043286. They are identical to the Viper clips, and they only cost $2. each"

Compliments of Marv S., from a previous post....

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a couple extras, it's worth having them around!!

If it takes significant force to lock the clip in place, this can cause it to pop off somewhere down
the road...Maybe even right in your garage!

I put the spring C shaped part into a Vice and close the vice to about 1/4 inch, to try to flatten that
C shape out just a little...It has provided some benefit for me, I don't lose as many clips as I used to...

In fact, I just made a run to the Chevy dealer 2 weeks ago after I installed my S&Bs :D

Tomer

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I had the "clip pop" problem with two of my clips. Fortunately, I would find them in my driveway or garage. I originally tried to bend them more so that they would hold better - which did NOT work. Searched the board and a post recommended to FLATTEN out the clip a bit. VIOLA - haven't had one come loose since.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss