Help Please please Info on Heat

stevemaudsley

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How hot are the door sills and cabin in 2004 srt

Is this enough to worry about. Do you stand a chance of continually burning yourself exiting the car

Thanks

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think most people change the exhaust to increase or improve the sound, that eliminates nearly all the exhaust heat and you can place your hand on the sill no problem. Only the stock Catilytic convertors cause the heat/sill problem. The heat in the sills depends on speed, running time, throttle, etc. as it comes from the exhaust.

Ted

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if thats gonna stop you from buying a viper......dont buy it.

but i really wouldnt worry about it and like RTTTTed said, youre likely gonna change out the exhaust anyways

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having an '05, we would have had the same issues, but we switched out the crossover exhaust, which is AWESOME (a true work of ART)...to the Corsa Track Exhaust...cooler, but yes, sills/tips still get hot...just gotta watch your leg when you step out, that's all! Helps the engine run much cooler~~! (Never burned ourselves) ~juli

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having an '05, we would have had the same issues, but we switched out the crossover exhaust, which is AWESOME (a true work of ART)...to the Corsa Track Exhaust...cooler, but yes, sills/tips still get hot...just gotta watch your leg when you step out, that's all! Helps the engine run much cooler~~! (Never burned ourselves) ~juli
I did the same to my 04 with the Corsa track. stock cats. I also pulled out the interior and insulated the entire floor and rear area behind the seats with some reflective insulation matt. I bought a big roll still have some left over, enough for several cars. Be happy to sell you some if you want. It's cooler inside especially the foot wells.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the same to my 04 with the Corsa track. stock cats. I also pulled out the interior and insulated the entire floor and rear area behind the seats with some reflective insulation matt. I bought a big roll still have some left over, enough for several cars. Be happy to sell you some if you want. It's cooler inside especially the foot wells.

Thank you kindly for the offer~~! We are actually fine with the heat reduced now. That's a great idea though for reducing more of the heat. :2tu: ~juli

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you kindly for the offer~~! We are actually fine with the heat reduced now. That's a great idea though for reducing more of the heat. :2tu: ~juli
since I did it it also quieted down the inside road noise. I got to tell you this material was about 1/8 to 1/4" there was not much room for any more. That car is tight. I was somewhat surprised.:2tu:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These side sills are not HOT! like the pipes on a Harley or the side pipes on a Cobra, but just hot enough on a warm day that you will want to limit your contact to them to only a few seconds.

As others have said...if they are too warm for you, a inexpensive exhaust upgrade will give you a bit more HP, better sound, and a cooler sill.

Believe the issue of warm sills has been addressed with the new O8 exhaust system.

Car just keeps getting better and better.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know...Too me it's no big deal. With all the "heat" the SRT10 side sills got in reviews. I was expecting them to be really hot. But it was never bad at all to me. The only time I actually got a burn was when my calve touched the actual side pipe. And even then it wasnt much of a burn. No mark or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R