Help Rotor Removal - Gen II ???

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting the OEM front rotors off my 2002 ACR. I removed the front caliper per my 2002 Viper Service Manual but I can't get the rotor off. I'm not sure if it's just a little rusted to the Hub or what. It doesn't seem like it wants to move at all. Is there any trick to getting the rotor off. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting the OEM front rotors off my 2002 ACR. I removed the front caliper per my 2002 Viper Service Manual but I can't get the rotor off. I'm not sure if it's just a little rusted to the Hub or what. It doesn't seem like it wants to move at all. Is there any trick to getting the rotor off. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Rubber mallet. No trick. As long as your caliper is out of the way just give it strikes in different spots to loosen it up.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A decent sized hammer should do at different points... keep in mind the direction that you swing in against the rotor though.

OP
OP
G

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I had hit it with a rubber mallet quite a few times on the back of the rotor. I guess I'm going to have to hit it harder.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I had hit it with a rubber mallet quite a few times on the back of the rotor. I guess I'm going to have to hit it harder.

Hit it on the front of the rotor. You need to hit different sections of the rotor to wiggle it off. Try hitting the center of the rotor with a touch of wd40 to break up the rust and a couple good stripes with the mallet to the face will cause it to break free.

OP
OP
G

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hit it on the front of the rotor. You need to hit different sections of the rotor to wiggle it off. Try hitting the center of the rotor with a touch of wd40 to break up the rust and a couple good stripes with the mallet to the face will cause it to break free.

Thanks KNG SNKE! I finally got them off. :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper