HELP Title Problem

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Help.....Ok I have been on the hunt for some time for a 50s Ford F100 truck. I located a 1956 in CT, agreed on a price, rented a uhaul trailer, had a few hours to kill before picking it up and decided to swing by the registry to see any pitfalls I would run into. Turns out I am dead in the water here in MA, the seller only has a bill of sales for the original owner and can provide one to me, he never registered it because it was a long term project he was starting. Here in MA we need either a title or registration if the state purchased in does not issue titles for the particular year you are buying. I had to put a halt to the sale until I figure something out. MA is really hard to title barn finds and old cars where it is very common there is no paperwork. For you NH folks what do you need in your state to get a car on the road. Can you get by with just a Bill of Sales? If this is so, I wonder if I registered it in NH and get the paper work there if I could then take that registration and title the car in MA. Any thoughts or solutions.....Thanks

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In NH only need bill of sale. You can also apply for a title.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would try to google it. wow thats crazy just bill of sale. we have a salad of laws in the usa.

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bill of sale is only for cars that are like 20 years old before the state started having titles on evey car, boat , bike trailer etc

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave