help with frame for 08 viper conv.

[email protected]

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Help
I bought a viper (Sunset Dodge, Sarasota, Fl) last year. I recently slid out and when it did a 360 it hit the curb. As a result the frame is bent a slight amount. I understand they can't be straightened and have to be replaced. Now I am told they are on back order and are impossible to get. I have had a very strained relationship with this dealer even though I was discussing purchasing a 09 viper and a Jeep. They told me the assembly has stopped in the viper factory due to chap.11 and tell me Oh well! I was also told they have frames that are to be installed on the vipers on the production line. I thought the least they could do is take one from the rear of the line (since they aren't doing anything on the line and they are going to very slow sellers if and when they go back to work.
Do you have any help you could offer. I would appreciate any help or anywhere you could steer me so I can get a frame or my 08 viper.
Thank you
Charles Schiear:crazy2:

Reaction score
Have it straightened, it is done all the time the dealer is a tool messing with you to get a $26,000 frame and $$12,000 to swap it over. Believe me if they cannot straighten a full frame car you don't want them building your entire car all over...

You can also get "stub" sections to weld in if really bad, but I'm sure it can be straightened by a talented shop. I would also replace the affected control arms and bearings if applicable just to be safe on a car this fast.

Good luck,

OP
OP
C

[email protected]

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodhouse
Thank you for your response.
I'm in Sarasota FL and have no idea who I would trust. I do know Heffner (here) has a good reputation for viper performance installs, etc. Would they be someone to assist me.
Thank you
Charlie

Thanks for all the responses

Reaction score
I would doubt Jason would have the equipment to straighten a frame but don't know for sure. If all else fails I can arrange a haul up here and we can assist you in this. If I can get 2 people the rates would be reasonable for something like this.

Woodhouse
Thank you for your response.
I'm in Sarasota FL and have no idea who I would trust. I do know Heffner (here) has a good reputation for viper performance installs, etc. Would they be someone to assist me.
Thank you
Charlie

Thanks for all the responses

OP
OP
C

[email protected]

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks so much. You are right he doesn't have the equipment but referred me to the best place in the area. I will find out tomorrow what they say.
I got the car away from the dealer in Sarasota (with much hassle). Thank God I didn't sign anything. I have no faith in Sunset Dodge. The asst. service manager didn't have a clue what a Gen III frame would cost because they hadn't done any since 96 or so. The service manager told me they had done a 08 and several 06's. How far are you from Cincinnati? I am coming up this summer and could possible make some arrangements.
Thank you

Reaction score
Thanks so much. You are right he doesn't have the equipment but referred me to the best place in the area. I will find out tomorrow what they say.
I got the car away from the dealer in Sarasota (with much hassle). Thank God I didn't sign anything. I have no faith in Sunset Dodge. The asst. service manager didn't have a clue what a Gen III frame would cost because they hadn't done any since 96 or so. The service manager told me they had done a 08 and several 06's. How far are you from Cincinnati? I am coming up this summer and could possible make some arrangements.
Thank you

We are probably 750 miles from Cincinnati. We have trailers all over the place if you want us to pick it up I can make numerous arrangements for you. We have a couple customers I need to try and get back here from Florida so if it works out I might be able to grab it if you can wait. If not I will make it happen when you are ready.

Thanks for thinking of us,

Mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper