1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with o-ring identification

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by MoparMap, Nov 29, 2019.

1. MoparMap

MoparMap VCA National President

So I'm almost done putting my engine back together after the spun bearing, but I'm left scratching my head at one o-ring I can't figure out. I got a lower end gasket set from Roe Racing and the description says it includes:

Thermostat Gasket, Rear Main Seal, Rear Main Gasket, Timing Cover Gasket, Front Crank Seal, Oil Pan Gasket & Water Pump Gasket.

I look at the picture and all of those are there, but there is one more o-ring in the kit that isn't identified.

[​IMG]
    All of those are in the picture above, but the one thin o-ring just under the front crank seal in that picture I cannot figure out. Normally I would think it was just an extra one because it's a Dodge part number and maybe it goes to the Ram SRT-10, but I have a matching on in my pile of parts that I took out. Unless I just happened to have a loose o-ring in my garage, I cannot for the life of me figure out where it might go. It's way too big for a oil pump pickup tube o-ring. The only other thing I could think of would maybe be the oil fill cap, but that seems like an odd part to include in a lower gasket set. Any ideas?

2. steve e

steve e Viper Owner

I did a little research and I don't think its for the viper, maybe its for the Ram SRT pick up tube, looked at everything for a viper lower set and there is no place I can find where it would go.

3. MoparMap

MoparMap VCA National President

I asked Roe as well and they said oil pickup tube. I told them it was way too big for that on my car at least, but they haven't come back with any other ideas. I think I really might have just had a loose o-ring running around in the garage I was comparing it against. I really can't find any place for it otherwise as it's probably about 1.25" diameter. I may try it on the filler cap though. Those have a tendency to plasticize with all the heat cycles. Have already replaced it once before.