Highly Recommend Steve Katz (aka ACR Steve) for Track Insurance . . .

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used Steve Katz (aka ACR Steve) for track insurance for my 2008 Viper this past season. The events were all non-racing, non-timed HPDE or driving school programs. Steve is (obviously) a Viper owner, board member and racer (he has raced extensivle over the years including his new ACR and Porsche 944). Steve is fairly unique in that he understands both the insurance side of things and using the Viper on the track.
I cannot speak more highly about Steve's customer service and response to my questions in connection with the policy. Also, I did a fair amount of research before going with Steve and Great American Insurance and Steve offers the most cost-effective option out there that I have found, even compared to the insurance program offered through motorsportreg.com. (Note: I also spoke with Ryan Staub who heads the Lockton Affinity insurance program offered through motorsportreg.com and Ryan also struck me as a good guy who knows racing and insurance well.)

Again, I encourage anyone who takes their Viper out to the track to please, please, please get some form of track insurance. Out of the approximately nine HPDE events I attended this summer, four events had instances of cars going seriously off the track ranging in moderate damage to complete totals of vehicles. Based on my own personal experience, if you do a fair number of these events per year the question statistically is not if you will have an on or off track "experience" but rather when you will have that experience. Dedicated track insurance takes a lot of that worry out of the equation and allows you to enjoy the HPDE all that much more.

Again, I strongly recommened Steve and thank him for putting this program together for track junkies like us. Here is Steve's contact information:

Steven Katz
Jacob J Katz and Company
455 Rte 304
Bardonia, NY 10954
845-638-0505
845-638-0527 Fax
[email protected]
hpde insurance, race track insurance, de insurance, track driving school insurance, on track insurance - ontrackinsurance.com

/Rich

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I help a lot of owners thru insurance headaches....none of them are Steve's customers.
In fact I have two customers just this track season who are VERY GLAD they had arranged Steve's coverage in advance... VERY VERY glad......

A bonus: He is a VCA advertisor / sponsor, and a damn-good driver!

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank for your endorsements

When I started the program my goals were to have the best coverage in the marketplace priced fairly with very competitive rates. I think that the program has come through in both areas.

Now everyone can have access to great insurance whether they participate 1 time or 30 times a year in HPDE events . The key is that you have a piece of mind that if something unforeseen should happen you will be handled promptly and reimbursed fairly.

The key is to get out and participate in these great events.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth