Hot Rod Mini Power Tour

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My name is Jerry Carrico and I’m the new Motorsports Director for the MCVO Club, I’m just getting started in my new “job” and I’d welcome any feedback on car events you’d like to see us do and as always we’d welcome any help too! If you have any suggestions or comments for me please send me a PM.

Below I've attached a link to an article in this month’s Cruis’news Magazine about this summer’s Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour. For those of you who don’t know, Hot Rod Magazine organizes an annual week long cross country tour for every kind and type of car you can imagine. This year the tour starts in Coco Beach Florida on Saturday June 4 and stops in Valdosta, Montgomery, Nashville, Indianapolis, Muskegon, Metro Beach in Harrison Twp, and finishing up in Detroit on June 10.

For those who would like to experience the Hot Rod Power Tour but not devote an entire week to it Cruis’news is organizing a mini tour gathering at a yet to be determined metro Detroit area location, caravanning down to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to meet up with the rest of the Power Tour and ride back to Michigan with them.

I’d like to see if we can get a group of Vipers together to join the Crusi’news mini tour, unfortunately I do not yet know if I can go on this trip. If anybody knows they would like to do this trip and could help me organize the Viper layer please get in touch with me.

At this point, if you are interested in going I would suggest following the registration directions in the attached Hot Rod Power Tour and the Cruisn’ews links below (don’t forget to make hotel reservations)and we’ll organize our group as we gage interest.

http://www.cruisnews.com/article/cruisnews-classic-car-caravan

http://www.hotrod.com/powertour/2011/hrdp_2011_hot_rod_power_tour_locations_dates_registration/index.html

I hope we can get some people together and have some fun!

Thanks,
Jerry

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was 4 days in on Power Tour 2007 before I blew up my engine near Chicago. I've wanted to do another one for years but have been away from home a lot during that first week in June. I won't make it this year but am planning for 2012.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new position Jerry! :)

If doing the Power Tour, talk to Mopar Collectors Guide. They have a mini cruise within the cruise that is all Mopar. You could join with them for an all Mopar group that would be smaller than the big tour group.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave