Houston area Viper driver killed in roll over........

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know of a 1993 Viper in the Houston area?

Nov. 5, 2005, 10:03PM

AROUND THE AREA

Driver killed in vehicle rollover
An unidentified man died in a car accident in northwest Harris County on Saturday morning. The man was northbound in the 20200 block of Telge Road in a 1993 Dodge Viper when the car left the road for unknown reasons, officials said. The vehicle struck a fence and some steel poles and then rolled over. The man died at the scene.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3441638

Falconeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The man was northbound in the 20200 block of Telge Road in a 1993 Dodge Viper when the car left the road for unknown reasons, officials said.

Unknown reasons?.. That was one awful snake-bite! One good upgrade for future Vipers would be traction control. Too many people have lost their lives because of the rear end sliding out.

All my condolences to the relatives.. :(

R

RTED

Terrible news regarding a fellow viper owner. We all need to be careful out there and remember that the colder weather and cold tires make for a dangerous situation waiting to happen. My condolences to the family and friends!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The man was northbound in the 20200 block of Telge Road in a 1993 Dodge Viper when the car left the road for unknown reasons, officials said.

Unknown reasons?.. That was one awful snake-bite! One good upgrade for future Vipers would be traction control. Too many people have lost their lives because of the rear end sliding out.

Don't mar the goodwill for a deceased Viper owner with your garbage. Using your argument, there should be a speed regulator on all Vipers because most people don't die from lack of traction... they die from GOING TOO FAST! If you were only doing 10mph, you'd have to go out of your way to get "bit" right? :rolleyes:

Keep the Viper simple.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I simply CANNOT believe I read we should have traction control on a thread about someone passing away in a viper. The car left the road for unknown reasons.. Swerving for an animal? Dizzy spell? Hydroplaned from a water build up? Heart attack while driving? Diabetic shock? How does traction control help that??

Keep your garbage comments to yourself.. I know it wasn't mean harmful, but lets try and think before we type next time :(

That's a whole new low.... unreal...

G

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is tragic. I hope their family finds the strength to put him to rest and be able to move on in life, but yet never forget him. It is such a fine line and difficult to do!

I would also like to add a comment, with hesitation but I think it needs said. This is for any "low mileage" Viper owners and it has been said many times before. If you have a low mileage GEN I and it has the original tires on it, replace them. It is a serious safety issue even if there is plenty of tread left.

I am not assuming this was an issue here, no one may never know exactly what happened, but if this comment reaches just one other GEN I owner and opens their eyes it was worth while to put in here....

Falconeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I simply CANNOT believe I read we should have traction control on a thread about someone passing away in a viper. The car left the road for unknown reasons.. Swerving for an animal? Dizzy spell? Hydroplaned from a water build up? Heart attack while driving? Diabetic shock? How does traction control help that??

Keep your garbage comments to yourself.. I know it wasn't mean harmful, but lets try and think before we type next time :(

That's a whole new low.... unreal...

G

Point taken.. wrong time wrong place! It just hurts to hear this sad news.

Once again, my condolences..

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My condolences to his family and friends. Death which will visit us all someday comes in many ways. Dying in a Viper is sort of like dying in bed with a beautiful woman...there are worse ways to go.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was one awful snake-bite! One good upgrade for future Vipers would be traction control. Too many people have lost their lives because of the rear end sliding out.

I have to agree with Falconeer. I am sure that everyone who is jumping all over him for a very logical statement knows full well that you can get into trouble very easily with the gas pedal in a Viper. To deny this is foolhardy. At the same time, I applaud those of you who track and drag race your cars and are much better drivers than I will ever be. Traction control would have saved a lot of Vipers and some lives.

I don't know why this macho mindset ever started and continues (especially among a few certain individuals.) How long did it take the same people to acknowledge the benefits of ABS? Or have they?

Do I even need to bring up the fact that the fastest street Vipers on the planet USE TRACTION CONTROL (at least something that functions as such.)

I'm through ranting....

My prayers are with the family..

DrDJ

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was one awful snake-bite! One good upgrade for future Vipers would be traction control. Too many people have lost their lives because of the rear end sliding out.

I have to agree with Falconeer. I am sure that everyone who is jumping all over him for a very logical statement knows full well that you can get into trouble very easily with the gas pedal in a Viper. To deny this is foolhardy. At the same time, I applaud those of you who track and drag race your cars and are much better drivers than I will ever be. Traction control would have saved a lot of Vipers and some lives.

I don't know why this macho mindset ever started and continues (especially among a few certain individuals.) How long did it take the same people to acknowledge the benefits of ABS? Or have they?

Do I even need to bring up the fact that the fastest street Vipers on the planet USE TRACTION CONTROL (at least something that functions as such.)

I'm through ranting....

DrDJ
Drive slower if you can't handle the speed! :rolleyes:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm through ranting....

DrDJ

This is going to turn into a real ******' match. Start another thread if you wanna go that direction and leave this thread for sincere sympathy comments, like the single one-liner at the end of your rant. :rolleyes:

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is just a horrible sad situation. WE IN THE VIPER COMMUNITY will pray for the family and loved ones of this person..At least I will.