How difficult to change a PCM?

Greg B

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have purchased a used Roe Supercharger, I sent the VEC2 Back to roe for inspection/software upgrade. Roe reccomended I change my 2001 stock PCM for one of his Performance PCM's I ended up purchasing the PCM but received no installation instructions, It was recommended I install the new PCM before i have the supercharger installed? why cant you do it at the same time? Thats 2 trips to the Viper Tech!!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
instead of paying a viper tech, spend the $75 on a shop manual. It will tell you a lot more than the viper tech will and plus you are gonna need it with that ROE SC.

but to save you the $75 this time:
- open hood
- stand on driver's side between wheel and door
- look down. notice black plate below battery cable. black. shiny. on it's side.
- remove 2 phillips head screws from bottom and 4 5/16" socket-head screws from front and side. this will give access to PCM.
- remove 3 wiring harnesses from PCM.
- using a TORQ bit (i forget the size... t25 maybe?) remove the 3 screws holding up the PCM.
- remove PCM

reverse to install.

good luck!

JD

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Joseph said, but in addition I don't think it really matters whether the PCM is replaced before or during the SC install since the PCM has to relearn after the SC install anyway. If you don't want to mess with it, just have your Viper tech do them at the same time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave