How Do You Remove The Haze/Film From Waxing?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many time when I use various waxes I have been getting a Haze or Film from the product and it is almost impossible to remove. How does one remove this haze/film on the car and how do you go about preventing it? The car is in the shade and not hot when being waxed. PLEASE HELP ME!!!! :dunno:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never had that with the Meguiars Professional range.....
I use No7 Show car glaze
Then No21 Sealer
And then No16 Wax....
http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/Details.asp

And it GLEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I find that the only way to get rid of that haze your experiencing is to wash the car. This happens to me because I wax and spray wax quite often because I like to keep the Viper looking showroom condition at all times. :2tu:

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks voi9, I ended up doing that because I got to fed up. It was only on the hood but was driving me crazy so I just sprayed it with water again and started rewaxing. What a pain in the butt that was!!

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never had that with the Meguiars Professional range.....
I use No7 Show car glaze
Then No21 Sealer
And then No16 Wax....
http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/Details.asp

And it GLEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE THE PICS!! I was using the Meguirs 3 step paint cleaner and wax for the car and that is where the problem occurred. Also used a spray wax by Turtle Wax and saw a lot of haze as well. I can not seem to win!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any dish washer detergent should remove all wax off a car prior to waxing again.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you run your water through a filter? The ph and crap in your water can cause this. You don't need to buy expensive RO systems either. Home depot or lowes has cannister filters for your home ice machine etc. Go to the small hdwe fittings department and you can get fittings that screw right into the filter and have a hose fitting on the othe end. You can screw your hose right to it out of the faucet or place quik couplers so you can easily take the filter off when you don't need it. That is what I did because it does slow the pressure a bit to wash out garage etc. They have several diferent filter cannisters that will remove all the junk. No water spots either. Probably a stupid question but...I hope your not using fabric softner on your car towels. That will definitely leave a film.

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Besides the above comments, you also could be using to much product at one time, or in some areas. ;)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOVE the car, BAZ!! Great SHINY shots of it. We personally have not washed our Viper since we got it new end of 2004....we keep up with the detailing, and the wax twice a year in the garage....it's the shiniest car we've EVER had...AND BLACK is THE shiniest Viper guys!~!
Keith--probably same with your Sapphire Blue, gorgeous color!!! Wax and keep detailing!
Have fun this weekend in the Hamptons...wish we were going also.... ~juli~