How low can you go?

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have purchased the K&W Shocks & Springs and will be mounting HRE 542R (19/20")Wheels. I need some recomendations on how low I can go? I only do typical street driving and understand the speed bump and driveway issues. Any suggestions would be grateful!
Scott

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Only you can decide that. Do you mind hitting some speed bumps? do you drive exceptionally bumpy roads? steep driveway/parking lots?

With 19/20's I'd go as low as possible, unless I had some of the problems above... my $0.02

OP
OP
Z

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for replying! I live in Illinois so the roads are not the best. As far as speed bumps, I avoid streets that have them. Are there any issues as far as the turning sarply and having the tires rub the inner fenders?

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Scott doing a little work on the Viper? Put on air shocks for those bumpy roads. :D
On a different note there are a few of us that are looking to do some viper get togethers in central illinois would you be interested?
Rob :cool:

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've just went thru this. Had to adjust - readjust about 7 or 8 times. It's amazing what 1/16" of an inch can do. I've got CCW505A's on my black SRT10 and it's dropped and it looks M E A N ... :)

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go for the slammed look, it will scrape. There is no way around it. I like mine real low and just cringe a little when I enter/exit steep drive ways or go over speed bumps. :)

My rear tires will rub the top of the fender well if I hit a large dip on freeways or running at higher speeds.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go for the slammed look, it will scrape. There is no way around it. I like mine real low and just cringe a little when I enter/exit steep drive ways or go over speed bumps. :)

My rear tires will rub the top of the fender well if I hit a large dip on freeways or running at higher speeds.

Got pics? :)

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Got pics? :)

You must be registered for see images attach

vd..

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think D's might be lower than mine

10140mini-CIMG0069-med.JPG

10140mini-CIMG0067-med.JPG

10140mini-CIMG0071-med.JPG

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are pics when i had my KW V2 coilovers. I just swaped them out for a set of DLM coilovers.

With the DLM coilovers i set the car a tiny bit higher in the front and lower in the rear then these pics you see here.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images