How much can a get a Gen 5 for?

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
What is the least expensive you've seen a Gen V go for?

I saw one on Ebay for $40,000 Oh wait, it's a salvage car :) I have seen in the $70's to answer your question.
Didn't you have an VVO/ Blk Stripes ACR before?

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw one on Ebay for $40,000 Oh wait, it's a salvage car :) I have seen in the $70's to answer your question.
Didn't you have an VVO/ Blk Stripes ACR before?

Yes. I did that Viper Club versus Corvette Club Forum Wars with it. I want a Gen V but just can't stomach the new ACR price. I want a great deal, as I have a baby boy delivering tomorrow.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Yes. I did that Viper Club versus Corvette Club Forum Wars with it. I want a Gen V but just can't stomach the new ACR price. I want a great deal, as I have a baby boy delivering tomorrow.

lol was that the royal purple sponsored thing?

Congrats on yours sons birth tomorrow

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol was that the royal purple sponsored thing?

Congrats on yours sons birth tomorrow

Yeah the Royal Purple thing...where all the comments say I'm a dick...lol

Thank on the kid wishes...it sure is nice to schedule a birth. His official due date is Feb 19th...but he is very large and is given my wife hell.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the least expensive you've seen a Gen V go for?

When I bought my 2002 GTS in 2005, I had played this "game" for a year and a half. The cheapest ones always were grabbed up before I could act on them; or, were cars with stories. I finally changed my expectation. Right now, I am looking again for an excellent deal at the bottom end of what I have seen as a private sale on a Gen V.

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone wants the bargain priced ones. Lots of competition for the low priced ones, while the normally priced ones sit.

I'm trying to keep from being wayyyyy upside down in my purchase. The market seems very soft on non-ACRs. I'd rather someone else pay the majority of the depreciation!

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think for a basic SRT 65-70K with no stories is not out of the question. With the ACR out some of the tracked cars might show up used and cheap but with small cosmetic issues under that privately. 60Kish is still the prevailing rate for a low spec car at dealer auction. Figure at least 5K in tires and reconditioning leaving about 3-5K in profit.

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been looking for a long time for a new Viper. I have seem them online for 60K-70K and I just bought a new left over stock 2014 GTS with the areo package and Carbon fiber package and upgraded sound for under 100K. If you shop you can find great deals