How The Junkman Removes Bird Dropings and Love Bugs

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In this one hour video, I go into detail about how I remove love bugs (that commit suicide on your front bumper and mirrors), and bird droppings that have sat on the paint for a period of time. As you will see in the video, the removal process is quite easy for me due to the fact that one: my paint is in excellent condition and is not all swirled up from improper washing, touching or dust removal. Two: I use wax to PROTECT my paint (and NOT for shine, which comes from POLISHING my paint). The combination of nearly perfect paint and the use of wax keeps the process of removing these two undesirable situations fairly easy for me. The procedure for fixing both issues if damage does occur is the same, although I did not have to get into any type of advanced repair like wet sanding. That may happen in a future video if I run across a car with that kind of damage.

The real important part of making this repair easy is the correcting of your paint. If the bug guts and bird dropping have no scratches to seep into, then it is harder for the damage to etch into the clear coat. Thus, perfecting your paint is a must if you want to have the same amount of success that I have. I cannot stress that enough.

If you go through the trouble of repairing your paint and then protecting it with wax, you too will find that removing this type of damage is nothing but a walk in the park. You will see how easy it is for me and you too can experience the same ease of removal for yourself.

The Junkman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reyykcq8ULo

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Another informative video, AJ. It's always a pleasure to see you in action displaying your dedication to the craft of detailing. I love your delivery, man. The only thing
missing from this long video is you cutting to your camera with "We'll be right back after a few words from our sponsors!" and then a segue into a blues band in the
back of your garage for the outtro!! Food for thought, no? I ALWAYS pick up some important pointers/tips from you - never fails. That Infinite Use Detail Juice concentrate
looks great too. Have you had a chance to use it in another application other than a clay lube? :2tu:

Scott

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Junkman,

Some guys will spend an hour on the computer looking at ****, gambling websites, etc. I just spent an hour watching bug guts and bird poop being removed by the Junkman.....*** is wrong with me?? :lmao:

I just did a paint correction on my black Excursion using the 105/205 combo. Do ever follow up after the 205 with a polish that is even milder for more shine before going to wax/sealants? And if you did go to something milder than the 205, would you still use a polishing pad or move on to a finishing pad?

Thanks for the video.

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
J

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another informative video, AJ. It's always a pleasure to see you in action displaying your dedication to the craft of detailing. I love your delivery, man. The only thing
missing from this long video is you cutting to your camera with "We'll be right back after a few words from our sponsors!" and then a segue into a blues band in the
back of your garage for the outtro!! Food for thought, no? I ALWAYS pick up some important pointers/tips from you - never fails. That Infinite Use Detail Juice concentrate
looks great too. Have you had a chance to use it in another application other than a clay lube? :2tu:

Scott

I haven't had a chance to use IUDJ in another application like the way you're thinking but here's why. I only use detail spray for 2 reasons. As a clay lube or as a pad lube. I never use it to wipe on the car except to remove some fingerprints around the door area. Because of the danger involved in wiping on the car, I avoid doing that at all cost. If there is dust (not dirt) on the car, I will usually hit it with the CA Duster and then drive away. I did a video where I followed the CA Duster with a waterless wash product but in reality, I would rather not chance damaging the paint by following the duster with anything that requires me to wipe on the car. The damage is just too easy when your paint is in the shape that mine is in.

Thanks for watching!

Junkman,

Some guys will spend an hour on the computer looking at ****, gambling websites, etc. I just spent an hour watching bug guts and bird poop being removed by the Junkman.....*** is wrong with me?? :lmao:

I just did a paint correction on my black Excursion using the 105/205 combo. Do ever follow up after the 205 with a polish that is even milder for more shine before going to wax/sealants? And if you did go to something milder than the 205, would you still use a polishing pad or move on to a finishing pad?

Thanks for the video.

Cheers,
George

Hey George trust me, you should see all the research that I have done on the web concerning detailing. I have a very quick computer so I could download some **** really fast! lol! Nothing is wrong with you!

As for following M205 with anything, not necessary. It finishes down so well that it is all you need to use before your wax or sealant. If anything, I would repeat my pass with M205. That's how well it finishes. Since M205 is a polish, you are always going to use it with a pad that has some cut, be it the tiniest amount of cut. What I call a finishing pad will have NO cut whatsoever (the term may differ with others). If I am using a finishing pad, that means that I am applying a wax or sealant. Finishing pads can also be used to apply glazes, however, I don't use glazes.

That's how I would do it and that's the nice thing about M105/205. Everything you need is wrapped up into 2 polishes that really work well together if you need that kind of cutting power.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss