How to drain fuel 2010?

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by sdtoothdoc, Feb 13, 2015.

1. sdtoothdoc

sdtoothdoc Enthusiast

Hey guys, I need to drain all my fuel from my tank and put some new fuel in it. It's been in long term storage. Anyone have instructions on the best way to do so?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  2. TheOldViperMan

TheOldViperMan Viper Owner

3. sdtoothdoc

sdtoothdoc Enthusiast

The car has been sitting with 6 miles on it since 2010 so I need to change the gas and get some new stuff in it. It has a full tank now. It's not registered, so it can't be driven.

4. bluesrt

bluesrt Viper Owner

Not so easy. Pull fuelpump n suck out fuel

5. sdtoothdoc

sdtoothdoc Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. Is there a specific access to the fuel pump? Is it in-tank?

6. TheOldViperMan

TheOldViperMan Viper Owner

I had to remove about eight gallons of gas from my 2009 to enter in a car show (rules).
    I ran a small clear plastic hose down the fuel fill pipe and syphoned it out. It was not easy, but a lot easier than going thru the fuel tank/pump route.
    The hose went down fairly easy, until just before getting into the tank. Then it stopped. I cut the end of the hose at an angle to make sort of a point.
    Tied again, and when it stopped, I twisted my hose while jiggling it, and it went on in. (That sounds weird for some reason - LOL).
    The small diameter hose makes it a slow go to syphon, but it can be done.
    BillyC

7. sdtoothdoc

sdtoothdoc Enthusiast

Thanks for the info...will give it a try;)