How to get long term Max Care Warranty

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My warranty expired this year and was not renewable through DC, I talked with Chuck Tator about it and it couldn't be extended.

Anyone know how people are getting warranty on, for example, a 2000 GTS that goes until 2011? I see some cars for sale that have warrranty and definately think it would help the sale, but don't know where you would purchase it from.

Are these cars that through a sale are passing back through a dealership so they can have warrantly again? Is there another way?

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most likely the 2000 GTS you mentioned was purchased from a Dodge dealer in 2004 along with a 7 year Max Care, the longest duration you can buy...I "think."

The car must be purchased from a Dodge dealer.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the car has to be purchased from a Dodge dealer to qualify. The waranties are available separately from the Dodge dealer. The car just has to be within the age range to qualify. So if the car is not too old it can be purchased privately or from a non Dodge dealer and the waranty purchased separately from a dealer. Prices can vary significantly from dealer to dealer also. Chuck was an excellent choice to call both from a pricing perspectibve and his knowledge of what car would qualify.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To answer Kevin's original question, the only way to get in on a Maxcare for a 2000 GTS is to recently purchase the car from a Dodge dealer. When I was shopping for my next GTS last Spring many dealers offered an extended Max Care on several 97s and 98s I called about. They will not do the same for those cars purchased private party. I'm just taking a guess that 2002s may fall within the age threshold. When buying from a Dodge dealer, it does not appear the age of the vehicle is as much a factor .

Last edited:

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not so. Any Dodge dealer can provide a MaxCare waranty if the orginal warranty hasn't expired. Agentf1 just bought an 01 from a non Dodge dealer and got a MaxCare warranty.
To answer Kevin's original question, the only way to get in on a Maxcare for a 2000 GTS is to recently purchase the car from a Dodge dealer. When I was shopping for my next GTS last Spring many dealers offered an extended Max Care on several 97s and 98s I called about. They will not do the same for those cars purchased private party. I'm just taking a guess that 2002s may fall within the age threshold. When buying from a Dodge dealer, it does not appear the age of the vehicle is as much a factor .

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Interesting. I guess I have yet again been lied to by DC and its employees. That blows more than you know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456