how to get to Body Control Module?

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by Have Z Need Snake, May 7, 2019.

1. Have Z Need Snake

Have Z Need Snake Enthusiast

who has taken dash apart to replace BCM?
    any tricks, or just unbolt whatever is in front of you?

Thanks, Bert

2. MoparMap

MoparMap VCA National President

I haven't taken the BCM out, but I have taken the dash out in mine. I think you might be able to pull the BCM without pulling the dash though. It's tucked up against the side of the car above the clutch on the inside. I believe there are three big plugs on it. You might be able to pull it by just pulling the lower steering column cover off (the one with the pedal adjustment switch). If you have to pull the whole dash it's not the worst thing ever, but it's reasonably involved and can benefit from an extra hand.

3. Have Z Need Snake

Have Z Need Snake Enthusiast

thanks

4. MoparMap

5. ViperPFM

ViperPFM Enthusiast

Thanks for that link, been searching for something like that.

I have a mysterious button on the dashboard that a previous owner must have installed. I have no idea what that button does (if anything?). In order to look where wires, etc. go I need to start removing interior panels, but I have always been scared to break things if done incorrectly. Now I know it's mostly snap-on panels.

6. MoparMap

Yeah, the dash is reasonably tough, though it helps to know just where to pull. I've broken a few of the tabs on the plastic side sill panels as they seem to be "softer" plastic that deforms more. The main dash surround is tougher than it looks, but I always cringe since I know it's expensive and the finish is hard to touch up. Still cheaper than having someone else do it though.