How to monitor both banks with Innovate?

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to figure out how to monitor both banks with the LC-1. Looks like you just buy two of the LC-1s, and run serial out of #1 to serial in of #2. Serial out of #2 goes to the PC. Are you guys using the Innovate software (LogWorks) to monitor the LC-1 or something else?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can also use the Vec3 to monitor output from both widebands using the analog inputs available on the Vec3. This way you can capture AFR in addition to outher inputs such as RPM, intake air temperature, map pressure, etc. when logging through the Vec3. There's a writeup on how to use the Vec3 to capture AFR from the LC-1 in the illustrated upgrades section.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For those interested we can custom tune your controller to your dyno sheets and modifications. Please fee free to call.

310-841-6996

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No, if you want to monitor both banks seperately and you already have 1 LC-1, then just add the LM-1. The LM-1 is capable of monitoring both banks using your existing LC-1 for one of the banks. And if you dont already have the VEC3 Tony is referring to, you can monitor your IAT,RPMs,map pressure, etc. through the LM-1 as well. And yes use logworks.

OP
OP
P

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, if you want to monitor both banks seperately and you already have 1 LC-1, then just add the LM-1. The LM-1 is capable of monitoring both banks using your existing LC-1 for one of the banks. And if you dont already have the VEC3 Tony is referring to, you can monitor your IAT,RPMs,map pressure, etc. through the LM-1 as well. And yes use logworks.

Sorry, I was not clear. I want to monitor both banks simultaneously. I do have the Vec3. So, It appears that I can separately wire them to the Vec3, using the analog inputs of the Vec3. Then use the Roe SW.

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, I was not clear. I want to monitor both banks simultaneously. I do have the Vec3. So, It appears that I can separately wire them to the Vec3, using the analog inputs of the Vec3. Then use the Roe SW.

Sorry, I wasnt clear either. You can monitor both banks seperately and simultaneously using the LM-1, and apparantly (no experience with the VEC) with the VEC3 as well.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The good thing about running it in through the VEC3 is that you can also log all the other parameters that the VEC3 monitors or modifies like injector pulsewidth, timing and the VEC internal MAP sensor.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to figure out how to monitor both banks with the LC-1. Looks like you just buy two of the LC-1s, and run serial out of #1 to serial in of #2. Serial out of #2 goes to the PC. Are you guys using the Innovate software (LogWorks) to monitor the LC-1 or something else?

I have run both the vec and Logworks, there is no comparison. I love my VEC, but, the logging capability of the vec does not compare. If you use any of Innovates interfaces you can log all of the 0-5 pcm's functions.

I am also adding a second a/f sensor, you will need either an LM1 or DL32. If you go with the dl32, you have the ability to log up to 32 channels, plus, it has built-in functions such as an accelerometer, egt input and others. The DL32 also records to a SD card, therefore, giving unlimited logging time and transportability of data.

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have read this post a few times and still am not clear. I would like to log both banks with my vec 2, and i would like 2 a/f gauges. Can I do this with 2 LC-1's and 2 air fuel gauges?
Is there anything else I would need?

I would like to install the sensors in the rear 02 sensor location. I have 02 simms so I don't need the rears. I have no cats and everything is welded so there should be no leaks.

Thanks!
Gary

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper