HPDE's at Mid Ohio-Oct dates (+track pics)

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I have a few weekend track events at Mid Ohio in October, thought I would post a note in case somebody was interested in signing up. The Porsche clubs (PCA) love the Vipers and enjoy having them on the track with them:2tu: Heck I've been driving a 'bow tie' car with them for 6 yrs and now a snake and they STILL talk to me:lmao:

If you are a student and need a good Viper instructor I might know of somebody:D

Northern OH Porsche Club Oct 3-4

OH Valley PCA Oct 17-18 (Fri lapping day for int and adv students!)

Maumee Valley PCA Oct 31-Nov 1

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: HPDE's at Mid Ohio-Oct dates

LOTS of fun at Mid OH this wknd, weather held out, windy and 60 degrees, got a little Sun but overall decent track conditions:2tu:

My A student's car, Lotus, all stock, great track car, 2200#'s, awsome weight-to-power ration, brakes had LOTTSA bite! He was very fast, drives DEEP into the corners, whoah!
DSCN1155.JPG

My B student, porsche 944, he was a very smooth driver, guy just needed a few more ponies and he could have crushed some people:lmao:
Andy.JPG

Had a b/w Viper show up, really kewl guy, engineer for Toyota and lived in Japan for a few years, he designs interiors for cars! kewl huh? Also owns a '68 camaro:) He was there with a few of his track buddies, car was all stock except for pads and a radiator. Gave me a ride on Sunday:headbang: He was FLYIN' around that track!
Roy_2.JPG

Hoping the cooler temps hold out so I can get 2 more weekends this month!

Last edited:

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Better watch it Leslie!!! Haha
You must be registered for see images attach
:lmao:

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pics from my Mid OH HPDE with OVRPCA:

It was a bitter 38 degrees the first 2 days, not many people went out on the track, mostly street cars, here's a shot by the 'keyhole'
DSCN1260.JPG

By day 3 the sun came out and the whole track was vibrating from the rumble of race cars being fired up to hit the track!
DSCN1191.JPG

My brake pads weren't cooperating most of the weekend, so my track buddy let me drive his CaymanS with race tires, that thing was like a GOcart:2tu:
DSCN1193.JPG

After that point another track ****** friend of mine saw me shaking after 2 days and very little seat time, so he had mercy on me and let me take his 911 out for a spin. I promised to be gentle with it and save him some brake pads, which I kindly did 'cause my foot was PLANTED in that thing! I got so used to the torque of the Viper coming out of the apex's and the porsche just wasn't the same...BUT....it has some go to it and handled like a DREAM and was very forgiving.

The ABS flashed about a dozen times each lap haha so once I turned that off I was flying!
DSCN1195.JPG

My 2 buddies like to drive...uhhh....FAST! Here's a shot of them on the back straight, they like to swap paint too, good thing both their cars are silver haha
DSCN1266.JPG

The great part about instructing is you can go out in any run group, but the BUMMER part is you barely have any time to go out haha. I think I counted 42 sessions in 3 days.
Pic of a vette that was doing some good lap times.
DSCN1267.JPG

Few other shots from the keyhole
DSCN1247.JPG

where the vette is...that's actually a 'full throttle' apex out, carrying a speeds 100+mph up to that turn where the orange cones are, no brake until PAST the red car:)
DSCN1284.JPG

Front straight
DSCN1294.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235