I can't get into my gallery and upload...............

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can\'t get into my gallery and upload...............

I use to be able to get right into my gallery to upload photos. I am already logged in but something has changed.

Thx, Mike

:usa:

Reaction score
Re: I can\'t get into my gallery and upload...............

A separate login is now required, you must register again for the galleris

What!?!?!?! Isn't that THREE steps BACKWARDS!!!???? It "used to be" you had to register separately for the Galleries, Forums AND Classifieds. Then, a couple years ago, progress was made and the Forums login started logging you into the Galleries. I have SEVERAL e-mails from people who had some questions concerning the new login screen, so I know I am not hallucinating!

So....no progress (that we know of) on the NEW Forums.....and stuff breaking or not working any longer as things sit? Would that be a fair summary?

Would it help to start a "Is this gonna get fixed with the new software?" thread?

Reaction score

Same silence everyone got when they requested the financials years ago. :( Whats wrong with a little status request......unless the status is quo?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Same silence everyone got when they requested the financials years ago. :( Whats wrong with a little status request......unless the status is quo?

who would the status even come from right now? whose bid was accepted to run this place? are we under new management? what ever happened to that?

Reaction score

who would the status even come from right now? whose bid was accepted to run this place? are we under new management? what ever happened to that?

Uhhhh.....thanks BIG....MY point exactly! Crapola hit the fan, knee-**** reaction completed and a "big huge change is a comin' to this website"...then nothing. Into oblivion as usual. :( New management PROMISED, OLD management still in place. Status quo.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dang, I had a spiffy reply all typed up and was still working on the damn thing when I went to grab a cold one. Hit "continue" and it said "The form you have submitted is no longer valid". And of course hitting the back button gave me a blank form. Crap!

Okay, so let's try this again - this time I will copy the stupid thing before I hit "continue" in case it disappears:

1. Three steps backwards? Yep, and unacceptable for anything more than short-term. The plan is to have one sign-in for everything, including the classifieds, forums, and galleries. We have purchased new or upgraded software for everything and the programming is happening as I type this.

2. Nothing wrong with a status request and apologies that I don't frequent this forum as much as I should and thus didn't see this thread. Rest assured that they WILL be answered as quickly as possible.

3. Status will most likely come from either Lee or myself. Lee has had another surgery this week and unable to do much on the Net. Again, my apologies that I didn't see this one earlier.

4. The bid to do the forum conversion was "awarded" to an individual that runs other vBulletin car sites. Unfortunately, five days ago he "resigned" due to family obligations. The work was not completed.

Now, I can't get into all of the details here just yet, mainly because there is still one outstanding agreement pending. I can tell you that we hired a company called Diversified Programming out of New Hampshire to help with the site, including graphics and a complete redesign. They are now working with other programmers to complete the vBulletin conversion as well. We are hoping to have that rolled out in the next two weeks.

I won't get into the politics of this despite the huge hunk of bait thrown out in the post above. All I will say is that the current administration is adamant about not only doing the right things for our members and our guests, but doing them by the book. That means that everything is being documented and contracted accordingly. The goal is not only to provide an incredible new site for everybody, but also to clearly define the roles of those running the site and helping to moderate it. You don't announce a new car and then unveil it the next day - it takes a while to get all of the back office things working perfectly before you release it to the public.

We are quite sure you will be very, very pleased with the direction in which we are going with the site and the forums. Sorry it is taking a little long, but great things take time. It will be worth it, of that much I am certain.

Respectfully submitted,

Chris

VCA Web Committee Member
VCA National Treasurer

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No problem guys, and again my apologies for the delayed reply. I think both of you in particular will be pleased with the new site. Don't hesitate to PM, e-mail, or post something here - I promise I will come back here more often! :D

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chris
Thanks for the update. I have been unable to upload photos and I am looking forward to a new and more user friendly forum.
Rob :2tu:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chris
Thanks for the update. I have been unable to upload photos and I am looking forward to a new and more user friendly forum.
Rob :2tu:

rob, call me anytime for help.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the update Chris. Nice to see things are still moving along.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually, a little bit faster now: We are discussing the very real possibility of moving to vBulletin as soon as THIS Friday night. Stay tuned!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the sooner the better. i am getting real tired of doing searches and constantly getting "try again in a few minutes".
You must be registered for see images

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dang, I had a spiffy reply all typed up and was still working on the damn thing when I went to grab a cold one. Hit "continue" and it said "The form you have submitted is no longer valid". And of course hitting the back button gave me a blank form. Crap!

Okay, so let's try this again - this time I will copy the stupid thing before I hit "continue" in case it disappears:

1. Three steps backwards? Yep, and unacceptable for anything more than short-term. The plan is to have one sign-in for everything, including the classifieds, forums, and galleries. We have purchased new or upgraded software for everything and the programming is happening as I type this.

2. Nothing wrong with a status request and apologies that I don't frequent this forum as much as I should and thus didn't see this thread. Rest assured that they WILL be answered as quickly as possible.

3. Status will most likely come from either Lee or myself. Lee has had another surgery this week and unable to do much on the Net. Again, my apologies that I didn't see this one earlier.

4. The bid to do the forum conversion was "awarded" to an individual that runs other vBulletin car sites. Unfortunately, five days ago he "resigned" due to family obligations. The work was not completed.

Now, I can't get into all of the details here just yet, mainly because there is still one outstanding agreement pending. I can tell you that we hired a company called Diversified Programming out of New Hampshire to help with the site, including graphics and a complete redesign. They are now working with other programmers to complete the vBulletin conversion as well. We are hoping to have that rolled out in the next two weeks.

I won't get into the politics of this despite the huge hunk of bait thrown out in the post above. All I will say is that the current administration is adamant about not only doing the right things for our members and our guests, but doing them by the book. That means that everything is being documented and contracted accordingly. The goal is not only to provide an incredible new site for everybody, but also to clearly define the roles of those running the site and helping to moderate it. You don't announce a new car and then unveil it the next day - it takes a while to get all of the back office things working perfectly before you release it to the public.

We are quite sure you will be very, very pleased with the direction in which we are going with the site and the forums. Sorry it is taking a little long, but great things take time. It will be worth it, of that much I am certain.

Respectfully submitted,

Chris

VCA Web Committee Member
VCA National Treasurer

I am sorry, that's not good enough. You said "quickly" and by God, I want quickly. Since this didn't happen - I think that there ought to be REAL CONSEQUENCES. I am thinking human sacrifice. Pick a National Officer - marshall goes first. And, for each day after the new date of April 6th that the MAJOR CONVERSION THAT WILL MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY doesn't occur, we'll kill another one.

I am looking for accountability.

You wanna prove you aren't like "the old boss", then pony up your life. That'll measure your word and your "dead"-ication.

Oh - and even if you DO make the new date, and any one of us aren't happy with every single change (hey - you said we'd all be happy...), we'll start with a finger.

Please sign the agreement in blood - I'll publish it here immediately - and we'll be ready to dispatch an angry mob at a moments notice.

Thank you for your hard work - we really do appreciate it. :rolleyes:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LMAO

janni, i think you should change your name and signature to this:

Janni Hussein
Carolinas Region Member
Al Qaeda's Terrorist-Of-The-Year Award Recipient - 2007

OH - and BTW - YOU ARE BEING LIED TO! the virgins you are suppose to receive look like this:

oldman.jpg

now put down that backpack and quickly step away from that crowded bus! :D

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I never said I wanted a ******...... ;)

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I never said I wanted a ******...... ;)

WHEW! well, thats good! because between you and me, i have a sneaking suspicion "old crusty" up there isnt being 100% honest about his ****** history! :D

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am sorry, that's not good enough. You said "quickly" and by God, I want quickly. Since this didn't happen - I think that there ought to be REAL CONSEQUENCES. I am thinking human sacrifice. Pick a National Officer - marshall goes first. And, for each day after the new date of April 6th that the MAJOR CONVERSION THAT WILL MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY doesn't occur, we'll kill another one.

I am looking for accountability.

You wanna prove you aren't like "the old boss", then pony up your life. That'll measure your word and your "dead"-ication.

Oh - and even if you DO make the new date, and any one of us aren't happy with every single change (hey - you said we'd all be happy...), we'll start with a finger.

Please sign the agreement in blood - I'll publish it here immediately - and we'll be ready to dispatch an angry mob at a moments notice.

Thank you for your hard work - we really do appreciate it. :rolleyes:

This is one TOUGH crowd! Knowing that there will be a couple people that aren't happy no matter what, I went ahead and cut off four fingers for starters and they are in the mail to you. And yes, that is good ol' fashioned Kansas City BBQ sauce in there with them. Yum! And as for the sacrifice, no worries: After the number of times I have been eviscerated by fellow Viper owners there isn't that much left to sacrifice. A BB gun should do the trick. :2tu:

And on a more serious note and as posted elsewhere, here is the latest and greatest with only minor editing (we have one other agreement still pending):

1. On February 21st we awarded an agreement to convert the discussion forums to a gentleman that runs other automotive vBulletin sites. We heard back from him on the 25th that he would begin work (no contract requested or signed) and received our first "update" on his progress on March 10th. We did not hear from him again until March 26th, at which point he resigned due to family obligations. The conversion work was not completed.

2. On March 2nd we entered into a contract with Diversified Programming of New Hampshire to provide a more "official" conversion, including complete website design. We asked the vBulletin programmer to report directly to Diversified, as we felt there would be better accountability. Diversified has been AWESOME to work with to date and has come up with some great concepts for the site. When our original programmer resigned on March 26th Diversified had another vBulletin guy lined up. That guy has proven to be not only a **** at this stuff, but is confident that we could convert this entire site from UBB (current software) to vBulletin as soon as TOMORROW night - April 6th. I will confirm that today and then give a fair warning to all that the site could be down for several hours in the middle of the night.

Again, due to other pending agreements I can't get into much else, however I can tell you that ALL parties involved, from the VCA National officers to the current site admin to Diversified Programming all have the best interests of the VCA in mind. We will provide a complete update after this last agreement is put into place. We believe everybody (no exceptions) will be very happy with the direction the site and the club are taking. Otherwise check with Janni as she will have those fingers in hand. Pun intended.

Respectfully submitted,

Chris

Web Committee
National Treasurer

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's April 6th is anything happening on the website? I thought I read today was the day? I am hoping ..... so what's the verdict??? :confused: :confused:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Our graphics guys didn't have the header for vBulletin done correctly (wrong format - it didn't "stretch" the width of the users display regardless of settings). We know it probably won't be flawless when it comes out, but we definitely want any potential bugs to be minor and not glaring. Thus we are working on that header and will do the forum conversion shortly. I WILL post a "warning" on ALL forums before the conversion, as it will involve approximately 4-8 hours of potential downtime. There is a LOT of info that needs to migrate over!

Thanks for your patience,

Chris

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth