I did it ! new 2006 srt red and silver convertible

idahoviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I just want to start out by saying I've enjoyed all the posts I've read here..and they helped sway me over.thanks for all the input you guys put up! very valuable to existing and dreaming of owners!.. I just traded my 06 C6 z-51 vert and got my dream car! Ive had 3 Vettes (1 '04coupe a 05 vert and a 06 vert ) but i always wanted a viper..The wife finally (got convinced of the value!) all I can say is Wow! First impression..I got the red one with silver stripes..Really sharp and so far in two days I've gotten more questions and thumbs up than i got in the vette in a month.. After having driven powerful cars for a long time I'll try to give my un-biased opinon.. The vette was a dream.. Very civilized and smooth.great handling and alot of gadgets.(i persoally dont care about gadgets). (Being a car guy i would have loved to keep both) but, it was not to be at this time. Where as the vette is civilized the and smooth Viper is pure raw power...Smoother than i would have thought and very comfortable inside..Im 5'10" 180lbs..and it fits like a glove..I love the seats....much more supportive than the C-6 ..The paint is flawless.. Every Vette i had had orange peel that i had to work on..The Vipers paint is perfect... The fit and finsh Perfect.no work required! And the brakes... I've never driven a car with this kinda of stopping power...! and the acceleration.and handling ..all i can say is.. Holy Moley! I used to race stock cars when i was a teenager and this thing is the real deal....Man I love it...The wife said she liked the Vettes...but now that shes seen the viper in person and driven in it.... She says WOW! no comparison...I know this is not real scientific..but rather by the seat of my pants but i am so glad I bought it.. thanks for helping me make the final leap! just two questions.. Does any one know where i can get a spoiler similar to that on the coupe,,,It is so sharp..that i almost purchased a coupe just for the rear end.. I'd love to put that on my Vert..and also the gas filler door...Id like to get that also,any help would be appreciated... Thanks guys im heading out for a cruise,,, and check the handling out some more!

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, and welcome to the insanity!
Check with Jon B at partsrack.com for aftermarket goodies.
Oh, and let me be the first to say....
:needpics:

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrat. on your new ride

Ive had my 2006 SRT 10 coupe for two weeks, I agree with your findings. The paint is flawless and wow on power and brakes etc.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta think that is going to be a rare car! Congrats!

41606redsilverconvertibleb-med.jpg

OP
OP
I

idahoviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pictures coming.... thanks again..Also my buddy has the srt 10 ram pickup and tomorrow he may be trading it in on a back convertible srt 10 . He and his wife just drove mine..and they loved it.. two vipers in a small northern town of Idaho go figure!

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome!!!!! :cool:

Oh, and let me be the second to say....

:needpics:

OP
OP
I

idahoviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
out with the old.
You must be registered for see images

in with the new and much improved!
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
I

idahoviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
By the way sorry..I typo'd, I've had an 04 Vette vert..05 Coupe and an 06 vert...but the Viper beats em all! man it is just so much more of a blast driving than the vette...I drove some twisty's today that i always had the vette on..and i pushed it harder than i ever could with the vettes...and it felt tight and secure..This baby seems to handle best at higher speeds..Im not sure if its just me getting pumped up .but at faster speeds it seems to "lock down" and get smoother... and the exaust note....it is SWEEEEET!

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great looking car. as far as your questions are concerned, h*nn*ss*y makes the best looking spoiler for your decklid, autoform makes one as well.
The coupe gas cap is not so easy, besides the part being a fortune, you will need to do some bodywork to fit it in. Look at the pictures of the coupe and you will notice the fuel door is recessed. Not worth the trouble and your car looks pefect as is.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.I drove some twisty's today that i always had the vette on..and i pushed it harder than i ever could with the vettes...and it felt tight and secure..This baby seems to handle best at higher speeds..Im not sure if its just me getting pumped up .but at faster speeds it seems to "lock down" and get smoother... and the exaust note....it is SWEEEEET!

Hey, let's break her in nice and easy now!

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check Snake Oyl Products - I think they have the gas cap you're looking for. I owned three Vettes before this; ditto on the experience! I almost bought a C6 Z51 Vert but decided to do the Viper experience!

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check Snake Oyl Products - I think they have the gas cap you're looking for. I owned three Vettes before this; ditto on the experience! I almost bought a C6 Z51 Vert but decided to do the Viper experienc
e!

for the love of god man, dont put that snake piss gas cap on this beautiful car. 199 on some blinged out gas cap, next you will be trolling the isles of walmart looking for a tasmanian devil steering wheel cover that matches your ionic breeze air purifier. do not cheapen an amazing car with off the shelf crap from pep boys. just my .02

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235