I don't understand some people........

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just venting a little here.
I have had my CCW wheels and PS2's in the classifieds for a couple of months now here's the link....18" CCW 505A/PS2 tire combo - ViperClub Classifieds
I have had 13 emails and every one of them was interested in buying them. I respond with more pictures and even emphasize that the shipping is free to the lower 48 and then nothing.....not another word from any of them! It's frustrating. Of course I get the low ballers who think that everybody on the planet needs to unload things at a loss because a house payment is coming up or something but come on! If you are not serious quit wasting my time or at least respond and say that you are no longer interested.
I guess I am looking for some insight. Are they priced to high? Is there not enough info in the ad? I am at a loss. I don't need to sell them fast or anything but just don't know why they are not selling.
I put my Viper up for sale and it sold in 3 weeks. I put these wheels up for sale and 2 months later, I still have them.
Help me understand what is going on.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lmao I'm in the business and it's very similar. I will answer tons of pm's and emails, send pics out, and then nothing. Other times though I'll get a call and bang, sold. It's pretty random and takes more effort than most people realize.

Good luck bud hope someone picks them up.

Andy

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my CCW wheels and PS2's in the classifieds for a couple of months now here's the link....18" CCW 505A/PS2 tire combo - ViperClub Classifieds
I have had 13 emails and every one of them was interested in buying them. I respond with more pictures and even emphasize that the shipping is free to the lower 48 and then nothing.....not another word from any of them! It's frustrating. Of course I get the low ballers who think that everybody on the planet needs to unload things at a loss because a house payment is coming up or something but come on! If you are not serious quit wasting my time or at least respond and say that you are no longer interested.
I guess I am looking for some insight. Are they priced to high? Is there not enough info in the ad? I am at a loss. I don't need to sell them fast or anything but just don't know why they are not selling.
I put my Viper up for sale and it sold in 3 weeks. I put these wheels up for sale and 2 months later, I still have them.

Maybe they don't like you? I know thats why I never respond when you text me at 3am saying you are lonely and "want to talk". :rolaugh:

But seriously, I know what you mean. I find it common courtesy to at least reply with a "Thanks, but I'm no longer interested" type answer. I'll go $500 for the wheels and tires. LMK. And I dont mean with a 3am text!!! :D

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice looking rims!! ( I have the same, but 19s) I always make it a point to reply to peoples emails, even if I decide not to buy/sell the item(s). I would not get frustrated...some times you gotta work hard to sell stuff.

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure if the price was right someone would have bought them. All and all, they are only 18s too. I am looking for new rims, but I am looking for a steal of a deal, also. I wonder who asked you the pictures? Were they established members or a zero-post, newly registered members? Not to offend new members. But when I sell my stuff on web classifieds I get a lot of scammers who ask for more pictures. It’s a part of a small talk to gain your trust, and they may use your pictures to scam others.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the better looking wheels out there but people have no taste. They're putting those stupid over-sized ghetto wheels on cars nowadays. CCW makes a great wheel but 3K does seem a little high.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, you already know the problem...price. If something doesn't sell, they are priced too high for the market.

If you can't go lower, pull the ad and wait it out until spring/summer!

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the way it is. When I had my 06 OEM 5-spokes on here for sale asking $2000, I got so many emails/pm's telling that they were only worth $1000 to $1400 since there were no tires and they were factory wheels. And these were from members, not enthusiast. Pulled the ad and put on the big auction site, sold for $2225 to guy in Kansas.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been looking for a new set of wheels for about a month and hoping to find a steal. After all my OEM wheels are chromed and in great shape. My tires are new this past spring and to be honest with you, I passed over your ad because it was a combo and I was looking for a lower price for the wheels that I was going to buy.

I never even made it into the text stating that tires have very low miles and that you were going to eat the shipping. Maybe you should separate the two into two ads? That way you can empasize the low miles on the tires and lower the price on the wheels to where *I* can buy them.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I have been looking for a set of 18" for my GTS for a little while. I am in no hurry to buy. I have to finish some other work on the car before I can pull the trigger and only then if there is money avaialble. Therefore I am planning.

I currently have two sets of 18"/19" GEN IV 6 spokes. One set with tires and one without. One set powder coated black and one stock. I really would like a set of 18" all around for the track but it is hard to justify. New tires will be 1/2 the cost of your wheel and tire package.

I don't know if I contacted you or not but those are my circumstances. From a buyers perspective the classifieds are frustrating since there are a number of wheels and tires up for sale that have already sold. Yet they still remain in the classifieds. :dunno:

By the way I think the wheels are great looking. :2tu:

Do you know how heavy the wheels without the tires are?

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe we can work out a three-way on this as if I get another set of wheels, that's going to free up a set of 18" OEM track wheels that I'd cut a deal on. Now all we need is somethat that needs new 18" tires at a discount and all problems are solved.:D

Jon Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome to my world :p (I buy/sell stuff on the side). I can be selling the nicest *whatever* around, or in some cases, the only one around, and I still get these window-shoppers. It usually starts off with the standard 20 questions, and then after giving each individual a detailed answer....I would hear nothing back. Often, I would reply back to them after a couple of days, and 9 out of 10 wouldn't even msg me with a "changed my mind" or "thanks but no thanks". I could never figure it out why (especially with rare items. It's not like they're going and looking at the same thing elsewhere??). And then I swear, it dawned on me....some people literally are THAT bored! They like to surf around, and maybe reply to a few ads to fulfill some sort of curiosity, or maintain their keen negotiating skills.

I've developed a way to combat this. If I'm selling something worth any kind of money, and they throw me anything other than the basic questions, I insist that we talk over the phone. That way, I can feel them out, see if they are serious, or just kicking tires. So maybe PM them, asking for a phone # or something???

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know for me I have passed on a few sets/combos because while I liked the wheels, I don't want or need the tires. I think most people don't need both wheels and tires. Just a thought but maybe splitting them up would be better.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it is just the nature of things, I am selling a vehicle and had a guy today tell me that "if" I meet him this afternoon and it is what I say he will take it (I already have it sold most likely this Thursday). So I think, well why pass up this guy, so I take it out fresh detailed but it is lightly raining but this guy is "serious" so that is ok. I get down to meet him and he looks around it says "yeah it is what you said", but then he says it is for his mom and she needs to see it tomorrow or the next day, hell she may not even like the color, etc. etc. and I was like "seriously?" Thanks for making me drive the fresh detailed car out in the rain to hear that.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had 13 emails and every one of them was interested in buying them. I respond with more pictures and even emphasize that the shipping is free to the lower 48 and then nothing.....not another word from any of them! It's frustrating...Help me understand what is going on.

First off, if you created this thread to throw some publicity towards your listing..kudos...it's worked. Secondly, I'm one of those types that you are referring to. I just recently purchased some items from the classifieds with back and forth *** until I received them...but when I ask for more information...like additional pictures, I don't feel obliged to send 'thanks, but I'm not interested' replies. I must be a bad person.

Are you going to send all 13 individuals replies that the wheels/tires have been sold, once they sell? Just wondering?

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

PM sent! :2tu:

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold a set of hre 18's with brand new Toyo dr on them for 2750. All what market will bear.

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hang in there Duane. I'm sure some of the members here will step up and take them off your hands. My wife and I are looking forward to meeting you and your family, when we come to pick up the car.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the activity last night and this morning and IEATVETS seems to have checked out. Thought the idea was that people weren't following through when they showed interest?

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All Pm's answered.
I didn't start this thread to draw interest in my wheels and tires as one person suggests(though it sure is a hell of a good idea!) I am just frustrated with the whole "selling" process and was looking for a different perspective on things. Ends up, I may have been priced a little high but I thought they were priced correctly.
Ends up, Mike is going to buy them so, thank you Mike. And sorry it took a little while to answer your PM's but we are really busy at work and I don't have a chance to get on the internet everyday and check emails.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem, Duane. We're busy at work, too, but I'm not there! Here I sit on Short Term Disability (paid time off) due to back surgery. Because of that, I can't do sh*t and I'm up in the middle of the night. There was a lot of activity on this thread this morning and PM's sent between myself and a few others.

I was working out a multiple transaction between 4 people with everybody coming out with what they were looking for ... lots of bartering and bantering going on. You were at work and missed all the fun.

We'll work out the pricing and I'd like to thank everyone for their patience in getting to end of this mini-drama.:lmao:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235