1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"I don't understand why anyone would want to just buy the newest Viper when that..."

Discussion in 'General Viper Discussion' started by johniew398, Jul 24, 2011.

1. johniew398

johniew398 Enthusiast

"I don't understand why anyone would want to just buy the newest Viper when that ACR has such classic lines."

OK, that was the discussion over Sunday brunch this morning and that was from my wife of 44 years. She has always supported me buying whatever car I wanted; but, I guess I won't tell her
    we already have the cash to buy the 2012/2013 Viper.

Then again, she does have a point. The ACR which is our first Viper is undoubtedly the nicest looking car I have owned except for a 1967 restored Vette coupe.

Also, of course, that statement is from the woman I married who is on her third car in those 44 years and she has owned her current car, a BMW 540i for 11 years.

2. E_tar

E_tar Viper Owner

Re: "I don't understand why anyone would want to just buy the newest Viper when that.

I think the GTS's were the best looking vipers.. but that's just me..
    Some think that they look like clown shoes.. :)

3. johniew398

johniew398 Enthusiast

Re: "I don't understand why anyone would want to just buy the newest Viper when that.

I like the GTS look. They definitely don't look like clown shoes to me.

4. wikkid

wikkid Viper Owner

Whats wrong with a clown shoe LOL, not a bad looking Viper out there in my eyes. Love the ACR's the most, just a little tp pricy as of now.

5. E_tar

E_tar Viper Owner

Oh dont get me wrong.. I love clown shoes..

Here's my blue clown shoemobile..
    [​IMG]

6. Chuck 98 RT/10

Chuck 98 RT/10 Enthusiast

Sounds like you've got a great woman there. Not many of them around. Hang onto her for another 44 years.

7. mattdillon

mattdillon Viper Owner

The first time I heard that (clownshoe, was actually from my Porsche buddies) I took a look at the car & you can definitely see a similarity in the two, but I must like them I bought one anyway. As for the GTS or the RT/10 (only two I ever considered) I had a friend that had a Steel Gray GTS & to me I knew if I ever did buy one that was the Only color I wanted. And on the GTS, I just couldn't get over the Gas Cap & I liked the way the RT/10's looked with the top off. JMO!

8. Bluvenm97

Bluvenm97 Viper Owner

When I bought my GTS I still had a C5 Z06, which was commonly referred to as the "door wedge".. I kept the shoe..

9. Kala

Kala Viper Owner

I bought my first clown shoe to smack down my BFF who had a Vette vert... just sayin